Fallout 4 (10th of November 2015 release date)

Little more than a month now & the PC system requirements have just been released..

Minimum:

Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended:
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

Less than I was expecting tbh, I've a trusty old i7 920 (DO) @ 4.5GHz & have recently replaced my GTX 670 Windforce 3x with a MSI 970 Gaming 4G specifically for this game, seems like I shouldn't have been too worried.. sounds like it's pretty well optimized, bearing in mind the type of game it is (& Bethesda's track record!) guess we'll know soon enough how well it actually performs in the real world & there's always the massive community which I'm sure will be releasing it's own tailored performance tweaks & optimizations very soon after release.. anyone know if Bethesda are supporting mods from release day?

that card sounds like a jet taking off when the fans kick in

The wonders of marketing:

a8LaBxr.jpg

Aww too bad. Is it that average? I was seriously considering picking up a ps4 to play fallout 4. Then again, I just started playing wasteland 2 on my laptop and it's so awesome, I think I will be playing it for a while. It's like a colorful fallout 2 and comes with a native linux port.

I honestly love the game so far... But I'm often less critical than most of the uppity gamers out there.

I have the PS4 version as I doubt it will have a Native Linux version any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly love the game so far... But I'm often less critical than most of the uppity gamers out there.

I have the PS4 version as I doubt it will have a Native Linux version any time soon.

The native Linux version is the reason why Wasteland 2 is way more interesting to me although I hate having to lead a party with all the multitasking going on then and rather like the lone wolf gameplay of Fallout 1-3.

Hmm the party aspect of Wasteland 2 feels a little like Jagged Alliance 2. It's still pretty easy to handle and sort of an extension to the party concept of fallout 2 I guess. Hasn't bothered me yet. But yeah, I think the lone wolf gameplay is what I like about Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I will have to play it somehow at some point, too much of a fan. I cannot afford any hardware that would be able to run it at the moment though, hopefully the game is available for budget prices when I finally can afford a gaming computer/ps4.

The problem with Fallout 4 is the perk system, you can't just jump in with a generic build anymore without seriously gimpiing yourself and SPECIAL is basically meaningless now on its own. You've got to pick the perks your aiming for then add the special accordingly. I started again and I currently have 3 of my SPECIAL stats at 1. That would be ridiculous in a proper fallout game.

Back