External USB keyboard or mouse?

No, I didn't. Thanks for the tip!
Note that plugging in a USB 1.0 device into the port causes the USB host to crash. The only way to recover is with a reboot. This appears to be a flaw with the OMAP chip itself, since it occurs on the BeagleBoard as well.

Hmm, this is weird, but thanks for the tip - will get myself a hub and try it out.

My Pandora didn't crash, though. Nothing happened at all when I tried to connect a mouse...

Hmm, this is weird, but thanks for the tip - will get myself a hub and try it out.

My Pandora didn't crash, though. Nothing happened at all when I tried to connect a mouse...
It doesn't crash the Pandora, it crashes the USB host. Nothing visible happens, the Pandora continues to function perfectly fine, except that no USB devices will work at all, even if they are USB2.0 devices that would have worked. The only way to restore it is with a hard reset.

So you need a usb 2.0 hub to get a external mouse to work?

And how do you install a wireless mouse?

Yes but only if the mouse and or keyboard is USB 2.0 wireless should be USB based unless its Bluetooth but they should work too.

So you need a usb 2.0 hub to get a external mouse to work?

And how do you install a wireless mouse?
If the Wireless mouse is Bluetooth.. just sync it with the bluetooth tool..

If it's USB good chance is you will need a hub very few mice, keyboards are USB 2.0..

Another solution is get a USB adapter like this to connect to the otg port which is capable of USB 1.0 and USB 2.0..

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-Mini-USB-2-0-Cable/dp/B004ZMYEMY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1378055375&sr=8-6&keywords=Mini+USB+to+Female+USB

Last edited by a moderator:
Do i need special drivers for the wireless usb mouse to get it work under super saxxion?

My adaptor mini usb to usb-a arrived today but my mouse still not work :(

What do i wrong?

I put the adaptor with the mouse in the mini usb port and enable usb port

but nothing happens.

Are you up to the latest firmware?

Also try running this command before plugging in the mouse..

Code:
sudo modprobe g_cdc

Last edited by a moderator:
In the startup options, the "USB host" one only seems to apply to the main USB port. The "USB network" option seems to cover USB host on the OTG port.

Also not all otg cables will work. It needs to be a specific one.

I think normal mini b won't work.

Are you up to the latest firmware?

Also try running this command before plugging in the mouse..

sudo modprobe g_cdc
I run the latest firmware.

I tryed to run this command in terminal but he asks for a password but then i can type nothing.

In the startup options, the "USB host" one only seems to apply to the main USB port. The "USB network" option seems to cover USB host on the OTG port.
Where can i find the usb network option?

Also not all otg cables will work. It needs to be a specific one.

I think normal mini b won't work.
I have this one : http://www.allekabels.nl/usb-kabels-minimicro/176/1155836/usb-mini-verloopstekker.html

Back