USB hubs

HelenF

Very Active Member
I have 3 different hubs that are supposed to be USB 2.0 with optional external power supply. 2 of them are missing their power supplies. (Any of them will happily take care of keyboard + mouse + flash drive on a regular laptop without external power.) If I connect any of them to the Pandora without the external power, this crashes the USB host. If I connect the one with its power supply, already powered up, it appears in lsusb as it should. I also managed to connect a working keyboard to it. But when I connected a mouse, the USB host crashed again. Any ideas what's happening here?

The main USB port is working fine for flash drives and my Android phone. The OTG port worked fine for the above keyboard and mouse, and for my Pickit 2.

Are you connecting the downstream devices to the hub, then the hub to the pandora?

If not, do so as there is a 'feature' which causes crashes on the discovery of an empty hub

^ Yes annoying "feature" for sure, on one HUB I have, I always need to plug in the device into the hub prior to plugging into the Pandora.

Thanks, that seems to work. I just assumed it would be better to connect the empty hub and then add devices one at a time to see if each one was OK.

Back