Evildragon's Cebit Speech Now With English Subtitles

trooper said:
Fishbong said:
Joy and jubiliation! It suddenly and unexplainably works again. Perhaps my ISP is to blame?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt27l77hoXc

Fishbong, I hope you don`t mind, I have edited your first post to include the link to
your third video translation, And have change the topic title to reflect that. :)
Thanks, but it still says "Englih Subtitles".
Well, you can fix it tomorrow after i put up part 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, they're getting into the best part, I hope we get part 5 soon.

I almost wept tears of joy when I heard a public release approximation that wasn't Two Months™.

Thanks again Fishbong, another great translation! I'm really looking forward to the rest! Great Work!

Chris

Fishbong: Thank for translation. Can You publish English titles as TXT file, pretty please? :) I'd like read them separately, without video which I viewed already.

peca said:
Fishbong: Thank for translation. Can You publish English titles as TXT file, pretty please? :) I'd like read them separately, without video which I viewed already.
If you just download the SRT files, and rename them .txt they should be pretty much plaintext, with added timestamps.

Aninhumer said:
If you just download the SRT files, and rename them .txt they should be pretty much plaintext, with added timestamps.
Thanks for clue.
Fishbong said:
The .srt files are available from the Pandora archive, but it always takes a day or so for the files to update, so just be patient.
I miss this post somehow. :)

Aninhumer said:
nerach said:
Aninhumer said:
It's more accurate to say Firefox and Opera do not support HTML5/H264.
They have decided to only support Ogg Theora in their HTML5 implementation.

I can't say I'm entirely pleased with the decision, I feel they're doing more damage to open standards by basically preventing HTML5 from being a viable contender to Adobe Flash, than they're ever going to gain by pushing Theora.
I think it's a good decision, because, if Mozilla have suffisant resources (money) to pay the 5M$ evry year to the MPEG LA, small projet can't do that.
Mozilla and others are still perfectly able to use the OS's video libraries to play the video, an approach which makes much more sense from a technical point of view regardless of legal factors. Since both Win7 and OSX can play h264 out of the box, and most Linux distros have easy access to packages available which allow it, this wouldn't be a problem.
Yeah... but no !
Forcing people to do something illegal isn't a good think even if it's easy / with low-risk.

Someone can tell me if the subtitiles are working with html5 ?
www.youtube.com/html5 >> to activate html5 on youtube

Just checked youtube html5 using chrome on windows 7, no subtitle option available.

Ah sweet thanks for the translation. Watched it in German the first time and although one can understand most of it, some details were lost. But not anymore :)

Thanks for the translation efforts, very nicely done and interesting.

Defo said:
Just checked youtube html5 using chrome on windows 7, no subtitle option available.
Good God. This will end the world. You better come join the dark side and use IE for the clip, so you get subs, and the total collapse of the world is temporarily put on hold...
B!

Back