Emulators

sukhi2011

It was said before that pandora should be able to emulate Atari Jaguar Developer firefox & Sega dreamcast as emulator called nulldc.

What happened to them emulators was it all fake,will it ever happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
There has been some work on a Dreamcast emulator, but I think it halted and was never released.

It was halted because the developer didn't have anything to test on. He's got his Pandora now, and rumor is he's started working on it again. Give it time, emulators aren't easy.

Yes i agree with you,give it time and emulators are tough to make.

He already has done it before,so the developer should know what to do with it.

Seeing dc on portable system running with good speed and sound will be the best thing ever,i'm really waiting for it badly so i can play all the best dc games one more time.

Once dc was gone i never bought an console ever again apart from n64,ds,3ds.

I was reaaly upset that a great console will go down and be finished from the market,i really want dc on pandora as portable gaming,i hope this will happen,which will be a bonus for pandora to be great console like no other.

No, they were abandoned. Both had videos, but were never released. Tempest ran well, but NullDC was slow.

The system is new so we can't say they are already finished.

Only time will tell,what will happen in the future,i have feeling jaguar will come,dreamcast might come if the developer thinks, if it can play on good speed.

Is there any chance of 3do,cps3 and sega model 2 emulator coming?

3DO? Really? I only know two half decent games for that and both of them have Playstation ports Afaik. There should be nothing technical stopping 3DO emulation - the CPU should be easy for the Pandora to emulate and I don't think the GPU should be too tricky. If somone fancies giving it a go, all for the good, but it's hardly a priority when there's plenty of other systems we're missing emulators for.

All of the games on CPS3 have been ported pretty well to Dreamcast with the exception of one game, so DC should be the priority there if it's at all possible.

The model 2 would be interesting if we can't get the DC ports working, but it looks to be a highly parallel machine which is liable to be more than a little tricky to emulate. Could be an interesting challenge if anyone fancies it though, and it's the only way I know of to play a decent version of the original HOTD.

noob ? were do you put the roms amd do they need to be rared or not?
That's a bit OT, but it depends on the emulator.
I'm having a proub with them running. I have the pnd and roms just can't figure out were to put the roms at or in which folder they should go in. The emu runs but it can't find the roms
Which emulators are you talking about, specifically?

Right now I've only tried snes9x, but want to run all of them if possible and the freeware games that others have made

Right now I've only tried snes9x, but want to run all of them if possible and the freeware games that others have made
I created a guide on the wiki for SNES9x4P yesterday. It's here.

Also, if you have any more problems, start a new thread so that we don't derail this one further. ;)

Also, if you have any more problems, start a new thread so that we don't derail this one further. ;)
So I can use that as a temple for the other emulators correct?
As a template? Yes, although each emulator differs slightly.

So I can use that as a temple for the other emulators correct?
As a template? Yes, although each emulator differs slightly.
Thanks for your help. So far I've had this for less than 24 hrs and having time figuring it out, but loving every moment of it and its great being able to ask? And getting good answerback.

Back