Emulator brings x86 Linux apps to ARM devices

Wow; massive improvement :)

I lose track of what the dependencies are for different games now; perhaps someone could remind me, does this stuff have any potential for getting the original Half Life working on the Pandora? If so it would be interesting to see performance there.

I lose track of what the dependencies are for different games now; perhaps someone could remind me, does this stuff have any potential for getting the original Half Life working on the Pandora? If so it would be interesting to see performance there.
Yes, this is directly related to my previous work in the QEMU/WINE/GL area.

Yes, this is directly related to my previous work in the QEMU/WINE/GL area.
I guess this means games like Diablo II would run almost perfectly on Pandora as well. Since they were already running quite decently on the old QEMU.

Lunixbochs, does that mean we'll be able to have Steam running too ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
How good is the chance to get the latest Windows Flash player to run?

I know one Game (Super Mario Crossover 3) that won't start on my Linux x86 Laptop because the Flash is too old.

How well does Wine support Flash?

I didn't try it on my Computer as it's not that important for me.

But if it's easy to get done it might be worth a try I think.

It's because of the old Flash.

Does Flashenv have newer flash than the ARM Linux version we have?

That one Game needs the latest X86 Flash plugin to run.

Flashenv works great with many games :) .

It's just that one Game.

I know.

Just wanted to ask.

Crowriot can't do anything with x86 Flash.

I mean to run the x86 Flash with ExaGear.

It was just one thought.

Of course the other things are more important.

Oh you mean a Flashenv Build with Qemu-User and the newest 3D Accelerations and with X86FlashPlugin inside?

Nice Idea ;)

That can be the End of all our Flash Problems ;)

I've been holding off asking.

Thread title is:  

Emulator brings x86 Linux apps to ARM devices

What I've been wishing for a long time for is for the ability to play Neverwinter Nights X86 Linux version on the Pandora.

Does this get us there?

Yes, that would probably help make the Linux version of NwN run better on the Pandora with QEMU. 

I wonder...

might Morrowind be playable through this? Ok, it's not as old as UT, but it also wasn't that demanding as far as I remember...

I guess this means games like Diablo II would run almost perfectly on Pandora as well. Since they were already running quite decently on the old QEMU.

Lunixbochs, does that mean we'll be able to have Steam running too ? 
I prefer demonstrations over promises. We'll see soon in the future. There's still code to write.
I suspect if you need beta testers there are a few possibles floating around here.

My name is in the hat on the $15 pre-order.  Looking forward to progress updates and where things are at on the Pandora version.

I just got a Tegra K1:

The CPU performance should be similar to the OMAP5, and this doesn't seem to be GPU bottlenecked whatsoever.
The K1 comes with a GL driver natively?
Yes, both native GL and ES client libraries. Doesn't stop me from chucking glshim in the mess anyway ;)  (which is required for GL in x86 emulation).

I just got a Tegra K1:

The CPU performance should be similar to the OMAP5, and this doesn't seem to be GPU bottlenecked whatsoever.
Most impressive and finaly with sound. :)   The entire illumination seems to look much better than onto the UT Pandora Videos shown before, Performance is also great, only the intro seems to lag but if I remember correctly, this was also the case onto the PC version back then.  I really hope we can get this run that smooth onto the Pyra too.

Back