Emulator brings x86 Linux apps to ARM devices

This video doesn't sewm a lot faster than your previous Unreal attempt.

Did you measure performance somehow or compare your hacked qemu with this one?

This video doesn't sewm a lot faster than your previous Unreal attempt.

Did you measure performance somehow or compare your hacked qemu with this one?
My previous QEMU video was on super FPU-hacked build (not only was I using native floats, I was degrading floating point precision to 32-bits internally) on my 1GHz Pandora. I think this CC test is at least twice as fast as my GHz test.

This test was on a CC with stock ExaGear (which uses doubles internally). I asked for a single-precision float build to try.

My 1GHz (the one with the cracked screen) gets even better performance, peaking at over 30FPS in the intro.

My current QEMU 2.1 build without FPU tricks is between 0.6 and 5 FPS through the whole intro.

Sadly I cannot afford any of those, because I'm saving for the Pyra. But I'd like one as a set top box.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is most impressive... See what you mean about your screen there, pretty facked

If this eventually allows me to enjoy the Creatures series on my Pandora/Pyra, I will be a happy man indeed.

Just sad to see that this needs x86 emulation to run. Might already be fullspeed if it was compiled natively.

Just sad to see that this needs x86 emulation to run. Might already be fullspeed if it was compiled natively.
If someone wants to port the OpenGL renderer in surreal (the open source unreal bits) to ARM, I can probably get full speed with QEMU on the CC (make sure to grab the older renderer that doesn't depend on shaders)

UT was one of the Glide API Games, was Glide actualy also available onto Linux? Or at least a Glide wrapper? Because UT ran best with Glide back then and even today it still looks better with an Glide Wrapper instread of the other API's, imho.

And will Sound/Music work at the end in UT onto the Pandora? UT Soundtrack is to good to not be heared. ;)

Back