Emulator brings x86 Linux apps to ARM devices

^ Yeah it seems sound is a major performance hit with D2, In a wine virtual desktop I can run the game at 800x600 with full Lighting quality and blended shadows on without issues.
Maybe they solve that in near Future :)

Its realy fast and testet byside the

Technisat Software Mediaport on the Pandora with it,work realy fine with my Receiver ;)

Huhu anyone Renember the good old ModPlugPlayer?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/xWhUX_DTVEk?feature=oembed

Wave Output seem to work perfectly,is there any Way to set Wine to the Wave Output standard?

Edit: tried this Morning HalfLife with many many diferrent Settings,but did not get it to work for now.

Edit Edit:

RPG Maker2000 Games work with little stuttering,but work ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Unbelievible,i wanted to install Android on my HTC Universal and thought

about trying Egagear again.

After little experimenting worked Diablo2 now in Fullspeed with Sound:

diablo2banner.png

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UpxPVIGlYEk?feature=oembed

^Ingoreis Is that the Pandora or the HTC? If it's the Pandora what trick did you do with the sound to make it fullspeed?

^_^Its the GHZ Pandora @1.2GHZ

The Thing is that i am not shure about what from my Experiments did it.

3 Possible Things

I installed Directx9 with

exagear

winetricks directx9

installed after it directmusic and directsound with

winetricks directmusic

or the third possible:

start winecfg and choose as music output first OmapSoundThing and as Speech output the second OmapSoundThing  

I will try to install this Evening the Full Version of Diablo2 and when Networking work,then maybe i can Play with the Pandora Online Via Battle.Net .

That would be cool,but i have read somewhere that this Copyprotect dont work with Wine.

Have anyone of you more Information?

I have a working CDKey and dont want it to disable it there because such Things ;)

The latest Diablo II patches do remove the copy protection, don't they?

INgo, can you run DIablo II in full screen ?
I will try it little more and when it work,will i write a Howto get Diablo2 Fullspeed run on the Pandora ;)
The latest Diablo II patches do remove the copy protection, don't they?
I install it on my PC this Evening and when all Patches are installed,maybe i just copy the Files onto SD Card.
Are there any Registry Things what i should import to Wine?

Will try to install and patch it first on my PC and run without CD then ;)

Update..

..have a realistic Idea to get Diablo2 full working on the Pandora Display Size.

Had read that with Command Line Commands is a custom Windowed Resolution Possible.

Maybe it work fine when i let the WindowManager dont Decorate the Window and start it in 800x480 for Pandora.

The Wine Window itself should be work then in Fullscreen.

I will test it this Evening ;)

Then have we Diablo2 in Fullspeed,Fullscreen(800x480),with Touchscreen support on Pandora with Sound and online playing with Battle.Net.

...when it work ;)

I only have a slow Classic Pandora but I'm already happy that D2 runs at least onto the GHz Version better than before. :) It seems this "Exagear" gan be tweaked and adjusted pretty well to the platform it runs on. I'm sure Ingo can squeeze out enough to make the Games run as good as possible. ^^

Is there any particular reason why wine does not support fullscreen apps?

Is there any particular reason why wine does not support fullscreen apps?
It may have something to do with color depth or it can't force a resolution like 800x480.. I need to dig into the issue myself. I'm still having issues with sound that Ingoreis has resolved, so I'm starting from scratch.
I knew something like this existed, but never knew the name.. thanks for finding that.

Personally I am waiting until lunixbochs shows HalfLife fullspeed with 3D acceleration ;)

Personally I am waiting until lunixbochs shows HalfLife fullspeed with 3D acceleration ;)
I was going to give this a try with his glshim, but I may need to use pandebian for it to not corrupt anything..

wow, I'm thoroughly impressed!

Well done! Should I go buy that exagear software now? ^ ^
You can buy it and try it ;)

There will come a Complete Howto soon for Diablo2.

I hope i can do again what i have did with the Sound Experiments.

Yugi the Power of Destiny have sometimes Sound Problems and Sometimes it work very well with Sound.

Cannot say more because i am finaly underway to Home and had a very very hard working Day today.

I am very very Tired,will try more Tomorrow.

Had this Evening so much unluck that i have the Fear to brake my Pandora in any Way.

Tomorrow is my Free Day,so exept more Tests ;)

I did it:

Played Diablo2 German Full Version in pseudo Fullscreen,with onlinegaming via Battle.net :D

Unfortunaly the loading of Videos Crash the Sound System and i cannot play with Sound.

With same Settings in the Demoversion is Sound wonderfull working,but because the Videos not in the Full Version yet.

Will work on it,maybe i find a Way to play completly without Videos and maybe it work then perfectly.

The Video is recorded in 4:3 Aspect and not 16:9,thats because it maybe look little stretched.

(seem to work little faster than realtime,maybe there are real Chances for Rebirth Pandoras too)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gjouqKWNk_M?feature=oembed
Edit: played it over the Pandora internal Wlan,speed is fast enough for it :)

aaand a maybe important Question from me:

Is it possible to disable that Pandora Sound Energy Saving System?

Maybe that causes some Errors.

We hear often little Soundcracking when Sound be avtivated and maybe it work better when i manualy can put Sound on or PowersavingSound.

I wanted only for Testing that the Sound System is permanently on and not only when Sound come.

Any Ideas for that?

Back