Emulator brings x86 Linux apps to ARM devices

Even with paypal? That is usually how I skirt around that issue. I had the same issue everytime I use my card directly from stores outside the country..

http://www.entropay.commight let you load a prepaid Visa card (for a fee) from your normal credit/debit card. It'll have less fraud prevention measures or restrictions than your usual card.

Even with paypal? That is usually how I skirt around that issue. I had the same issue everytime I use my card directly from stores outside the country..
Did you have the same probelm too?! The Pandora was the first thing I ever bought outside of the US. I never knew we weren't able to purchase things outside the country. I was so, so, so disappointed when I learned I couldn't buy a Pandora! I thought I'd never get to own one. I called my bank the next day to yell at them. I can't buy things out of the country even with paypal. I tried it with the Pandora and it didn't work. I tried it with this Exagear thing also... nothing.

http://www.entropay.commight let you load a prepaid Visa card (for a fee) from your normal credit/debit card. It'll have less fraud prevention measures or restrictions than your usual card.
Thank you. I'll try your suggestion!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you have the same probelm too?! The Pandora was the first thing I ever bought outside of the US. I never knew we weren't able to purchase things outside the country. I was so, so, so disappointed when I learned I couldn't buy a Pandora! I thought I'd never get to own one. I called my bank the next day to yell at them.

I bought my CC(First Batch) Pandora from Craig's shop with Google checkout and that mostly went okay if I recall. . When I ordered my Rebirth Pandora, directly from EvilDragon's site with my credit card that gave me a little trouble with my bank...  Once I called they let the transition go through. My 1Ghz Pandora was easier, Link established his US retailer.. And happens to live 25 miles away from me.. I ended up buying it from him when we both went to PAX East in 2013. 

I can't buy things out of the country even with paypal. I tried it with the Pandora and it didn't work. I tried it with this Exagear thing also... nothing.

Hmm odd, this never really been an issue for me.. 

I make purchases from around the world and my bank doesn't block it.  They are also really good about little things like refunding ATM fees, and supposedly give you the money back almost immediately if someone does steal your card or info.  I think they do this because most of their customers (is that the correct term?) travel all over the world.

Well in my case, my bank(credit union) was concerned about an odd purchase and it being out of country it threw some automated flags that alerted them. They even call me on my phone on such occasions to ask if I meant to make this purchase and It's not someone using my card... It's a tad annoying, but actually glad that type of security is there.

My bank's security is irritating at times, as well.  The other day I needed to get fuel and I had forgotten my new PIN, so I tried a couple variations.  They locked it up really quick.  Like you, I am glad they do that, I just wasn't too happy that I had to drive home for cash while in a rush.  Also, when I verified the PIN later it was nothing close to what I was trying.  :lol:

When I bought my first Pandora from via Google Checkout my bank called me the next day and asked about it. I happily confirmed it was a valid transaction and was glad to discover that they had such security measures in place.

- Neelix

My bank's security is irritating at times, as well.  The other day I needed to get fuel and I had forgotten my new PIN, so I tried a couple variations.  They locked it up really quick.  Like you, I am glad they do that, I just wasn't too happy that I had to drive home for cash while in a rush.  Also, when I verified the PIN later it was nothing close to what I was trying.  :lol:
Well, with only 10000 pin combinations (actually, a little less because pins cannot start with 0 or have a single digit repeated 4 times), they have to limit the number of attempts. Here's a little story: I once worked for a company which had a policy to lock your Windows account after 3 failed login attempts (I discovered that when I got a new French AZERTY keyboard). They would unlock your account in 5 minutes with a simple call, but I bet people who steal commercial data don't like to have their voice recorded.

Yeah, I know the reason for it, and like I said, it is a good thing.  The problem is that it is a headache for people like me that use different passwords and PINs for everything.  I often have to try several different passwords for things, since I sometimes forget which password is associated with which of the accounts if I have more than one for a particular service.

When I have had to deal with accounts getting locked due to too many failed attempts it was bad sometimes.

Wow thank you for the videos, Ingo. Exagear is looking great on the Pandora! I will have to follow dimag0g's tutorial soon as well.

"It is like QEMU but 4.5 times faster!"

Sounds good, but is it true? Especialy onto a classic Pandora. A detailed comparison between plain DosBox, QEmu and Exagear would be nice. I'm sure Ingo is already into this.  ;)

A comparison with dosbox makes only sense for programs that are available both as a DOS and a native x86 linux executable. Are there any of those? But I think there are enough measurements published on the product site that you can get a good feeling for the performance relative to qemu.

I've read the produce page but some independent measurements would be still nice, especialy when it comes to games and not pure benchmark tests.

A comparison with dosbox makes only sense for programs that are available both as a DOS and a native x86 linux executable. Are there any of those? But I think there are enough measurements published on the product site that you can get a good feeling for the performance relative to qemu.
Zsnes?

@ingoreis - For Diablo 2, I turned off the sound and it runs pretty fast now...

^ Yeah it seems sound is a major performance hit with D2, In a wine virtual desktop I can run the game at 800x600 with full Lighting quality and blended shadows on without issues.

Back