Release Emu EX Plus Alpha ported to the Pandora

Well, I would think it can be kept as a low priority so long as no one else is complaining about it. Since 1.53 is working fine, I can use that. The only advantage for 1.43 is speed I think, and I am always able to clock high enough that 1.53 is full speed from what I can tell.

Also, if no one else is experiencing this issue, it may just be a problem with my SD. Who knows, but I'll keep testing for now.

I keep meaning to test out these builds. I'm currently running SZ1.72, and only have the NES emulator installed to my recollection - would loading and playing a ROM in that using the most recently posted build be a sufficient test?

I only uploaded a refreshed Snes9X package, not the other one, as only SnesEX9x v1.43 seems to have issue (but I rebuilt all of them, to fix the script bug and add complete ScreenSave + DPMS disabling).

Ah thanks; I hadn't even checked that yet! I think I have a few SNES games I can test.
[doublepost=1453835715,1453828230][/doublepost]Okay, without using a bluetooth controller it all works fine. Using a bluetooth keyboard I was able to configure the keys fine using auto-detect, but on trying to start a game, nothing happened with the menu remaining on the screen, but the menu selection bar started going down the page then repeating from the top, as if I'd held down the down button. But at the same time, the game audio started playing, albeit stuttering. Rather odd.

But I couldn't get it to crash. There's nothing in the pndrun.out.
[doublepost=1453835805][/doublepost]Hah, I hadn't realised double posts got auto-merged on these boards. I thought one of the mods had trigger fingers!

Is autosave data saved to the Rom folder? I have deleted appdata, but continued to use the same Rom folder. Maybe there are autosaves being pulled in that are causing my erratic behavior?

I don't believe autosaves are shared between 1.43 and 1.53, so this could be the difference between the two for me.

I'll try creating a new Rom folder and deleting the appdata again to see if that helps.

I have uploaded the new build on the repo (for all the emus).

Build 15
----------

• Fixed the disabling of Screensaver at start

Hi ptitSeb,
thx for that new build.

C64.emu doesn't seem to work so i came back to Build 14 for this set.

ps.: i noticed appdata folders changed ... before i had com.explusalpha... at the beginning of each set.

Ok, I fixed the package. I think there is still an issue with PAL/NTSC selection, but I haven't investigated it.

build 15a
--------------

• Fixed launch script

Well, I would think it can be kept as a low priority so long as no one else is complaining about it. Since 1.53 is working fine, I can use that. The only advantage for 1.43 is speed I think, and I am always able to clock high enough that 1.53 is full speed from what I can tell.

Also, if no one else is experiencing this issue, it may just be a problem with my SD. Who knows, but I'll keep testing for now.
Having the same issue here, actually. Finally got around to updating. 1.43 crashes whenever I load a game from "Load Game," but loading from "Recent Games" works fine. Additionally, after loading a game from "Recent Games," I can load from "Load Game" just fine until I quit the application and open it again.

Ah, interesting. I know I tend to load games from my recent games list, but I may during testing have tried to load something I hadn't recently been playing, I can't remember right. I'll try to do some more testing with this new build this evening.

When I try to use GBC.emu 1.5.29, fresh from the repo, playing a game works fine but, when I go back into the menus, it starts to glitch out, responding to input events in strange ways (eg traversing menu entries out of order and being flaky about acknowledging other types of button presses) before, shortly thereafter, freezing up to the point that I have to hold the Pandora button and kill it to recover the system. That leaves the hardware overlay wedged, so I then have to restart before doing anything involving video or fullscreen graphics.

For comparison, the following PNDs, fresh from the repo, appear to be drawing the icons on the left and right ends of the menu headers as black boxes but, otherwise, seem unaffected by the problem:
2600.emu 1.5.29
GBA.emu 1.5.29
NEO.emu 1.5.29

... and the following PNDs, which were already on my Pandora from a while ago, work flawlessly.
NES.emu 1.5.19
Snes9x EX 1.5.19

Version 1.5.19 use gles 1.1 where 1.5.29 use gles 2.0
What model of pandora do you have ? Cc model are known to have flaky gles2 drivers...

Version 1.5.19 use gles 1.1 where 1.5.29 use gles 2.0
What model of pandora do you have ? Cc model are known to have flaky gles2 drivers...

That'd explain it. I have a Rebirth edition and, unless I've been mistaken these past three years, that's just a CC with twice the RAM.

Given that nothing other than GBC.emu seems to be breaking in a way that bothers me, what do you suggest I do to get a GBC emulator that has a GUI (unlike the one I was using before) and performs acceptably (unlike the others I dismissed before) without causing regressions in any of my other apps?

Thanks. I think my SZ is due for an upgrade (and I somehow wound up deleting the kernel modules for the OSS API that Mupen64Plus depends on), so that'll have to wait until I've got a few hours to double-check that I didn't let my on-desktop mirror of my SD cards get stale. (To mitigate my distrust for FAT filesystems, sync is unidirectional desktop->SD except for save files... despite that making it a hassle to check which PNDs have updated versions on the repo since I know of no x86 builds of tools like PNDManager.)

Something weird with the NPGC emu today: It cannot find the directory, while on my way to navigate inside "Load" towards card2/roms/ngpc, it hangs for many seconds each time and at most, only opens the "Wonderswan" folder (because of the w it´s the final letter in the alphabet in the subfolder´s list). Can´t load anything, need to turn it out by "Pandora" button, sadly. CC here, latest firmware, 4.10 driver). No biggie, mednafen still does the trick for NGPC and as long as it´s summer in the Northern hemisphere, I play the original NGPC in the evening, but for winter, it´s just a great console to emulate. Just wondering if anyone else knows this sudden inability to find and open the correct subfolder. Maybe the filenames and foler names are just too long? IIRC, this used to be an issue with GP2X "race" (where everything starts and runs perfect).

Might it just be the same issue as reported right directly above with GBC? Then no problem, will just switch drivers back to not-4.10.

Back