Release Emu EX Plus Alpha ported to the Pandora

What I'm still missing is proper GUI control:

B: Confirm

X: Undo

A/Y: Folder up when browsing

D-Pad Right: Page down

D-Pad Left: Pafe up

Hold it: Scroll fast

Display folders first and five them a different background color than roms.

Search for Files/Folders with keyboard.

That would make everything so much better to use.

Hmm, the current uploads didn't update the old Emu EX Plus Alpha packages and now there are two versions of each on my Pandora.

There is no reason to keep the old ones, right?

Oh, GBA.emu caused a bug with xfce when closing the program. I had to hard reset.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have to give him the code, I haven't done the diff IIRC (I'm not sure in fact).

Oh, so Rakashazi is Robert Broglia? Hi, I wrote you a month ago about scanlines "glare" thingie. I was writing about the Pandy version, but I assumed it wasn't officially supported, so I didn't reply when you wrote me asking what version did I see it on and forgot about the whole thing, since it's not that important. I bought NES.emu for my phone recently and yep - there's nothing wrong with the scanlines. ;)

Soo... can you fix the Pandy scanlines? They have this weird darkening on the left side and illumination on the right side of the screen, which I assumed was simulating CRT screen glare or some analogue thing, which would look good in hi-res, but doesn't in 2x scaling and is a bit distracting.

Also, jumping through rom list by pressing letters would be nice. :)

Oh, an thanks for the series. Great job!

Also maybe F1 as save and F2 as load would be nice, as it's the picodrive/pcsxrearmed/drastic default.

Oh, and there seems to be a problem in the last version uploaded by Robert, there's a bit of tearing visible in the top right corner while scrolling. It's not happening in previous ptitSeb's builds. Tested with both Snes9xes and NES.emu.

Another little bug (it's in previous version too) - Link's Awakening (both original and DX) has a few ms of glitchy audio right after starting the game and later during transitions in menus and ingame when entering and exiting inventory/map. Gambatte itself when used separately doesn't exhibit this... though it also doesn't exhibit vsync or saturated color mode, so I'd rather use GBC.emu. :)

Also, setting frameskip higher than 0 makes games run x times faster instead of maintaining 100% speed while skipping frames, but that's a minor thing because GB/GBC doesn't require any frameskipping.

What I'm still missing is proper GUI control:

B: Confirm

X: Undo

A/Y: Folder up when browsing

D-Pad Right: Page down

D-Pad Left: Pafe up

Hold it: Scroll fast

Display folders first and five them a different background color than roms.

Search for Files/Folders with keyboard.

That would make everything so much better to use.
the fast scroll is much needed

Also maybe F1 as save and F2 as load would be nice, as it's the picodrive/pcsxrearmed/drastic default.
I tried to remap the key to this (actually to [1] and [2]), but if I do that the emulator crashes as soon as I try to save for a second time. Anyone else experiencing this ?

Hello,

So, since It's been almost a year without updates - is there anything planned? It's one of my favourite pieces of software on the Pandy, I'd be sad if it were the final version, especially since it has that corner tearing glitch.

Cheers!

Back