Release Emu EX Plus Alpha ported to the Pandora

Just a quick question...

As far as I remember, it takes a looooong time scrolling down if you have a lot of games.

Is it possible to support Page Up / Down or L/R to scroll a lot faster?

Also, it seems the buttons have no repeat, so you need to press up / down over and over again and again...

That would be great :)

And another small usability issue:

If you play a game and want to go back to the main menu, you do so by pressing start.

Then normally the rom selection screen appears - and it seems the only way to close it and go to the main menu is by clicking the X using the touchscreen.

I can check if I find other usability issues here, as I usually don't use the touchscreen when working with emulators :)

Just a quick question...

As far as I remember, it takes a looooong time scrolling down if you have a lot of games.

Is it possible to support Page Up / Down or L/R to scroll a lot faster?

Also, it seems the buttons have no repeat, so you need to press up / down over and over again and again...

That would be great :)

And another small usability issue:

If you play a game and want to go back to the main menu, you do so by pressing start.

Then normally the rom selection screen appears - and it seems the only way to close it and go to the main menu is by clicking the X using the touchscreen.

I can check if I find other usability issues here, as I usually don't use the touchscreen when working with emulators :)
Yes, browsing large quantities of ROM is not handy right now. No PageUp/Down support for now (using Left/Right for example) or "1st" letter neither. I have to take a look at that (I put that on my TODO, along with the CRT filter not always effective depending on the res. of the machine emulated).

For the other point, when in emu, press Space (for console emus) or Start button (for computer emus) to go back to menu, and then {X} will exit Rom screen to main menu IIRC.

You can use shoulder buttons to do fast scroll.
But you can't hold them to scroll faster.

Can't we get pickle launcher for those emulators.

I don't use them because navigation and GUI is horrible.

Pickle launcher would help a lot.

Personally, I like the interface -- but I also use those emulators on other devices. That said, I think the best pandora solution would be to add 'first letter' support. Might as well put the keyboard to use!

Thankyou ptitseb for all your efforts on these great emulators.

I'm hoping someone can help with a small problem in the C64EMU which I havn't been able to fix.

If I select any of the "PAL" C64 models from the "system" c64 model type menu, there is a small glitch in the sound which happens every few seconds.

This creates a small pause in the game music etc every 5-10 seconds or so.

Eg, Wizball or Green Beret title screen music. Any Crack Intro music etc.

Selecting the "NTSC" models and everything seems ok - no glitches or pauses.

I'm running the emu on a Rebirth Pandora at 800Mhz.

Really annoying as using an "NTSC" c64 model makes the game/music run at the wrong speed with the PAL games.

Any help appreciated as this is probably the emulator I'll be using the most on the Pandora.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what you did but yesterday the updates to Emu Ex Plus emulators caused them to not start on my Pandora...

Is it a regression in the "new GFX driver" support or..?

The log doesn't really give any clues unfortunately.

Not sure what you did but yesterday the updates to Emu Ex Plus emulators caused them to not start on my Pandora...

Is it a regression in the "new GFX driver" support or..?

The log doesn't really give any clues unfortunately.
None of them? Can you post the pndrun anyway?

Thanks for this update,

everything works like a charm.

I just have to test Tv-out and usb pad to enjoy multiplayer old school gaming on the TV, someone already test this ?

And, yes, scrolling through big rom list is a pain, hope you can do something about it !

Thanks for this update,

everything works like a charm.

I just have to test Tv-out and usb pad to enjoy multiplayer old school gaming on the TV, someone already test this ?

And, yes, scrolling through big rom list is a pain, hope you can do something about it !
I haven't tried the new patch yet, but I use these emulators (Well SNES at least) a lot with my TV-Out and USB controller setup.

Tv-out + 2 usb pads => Awsome setup !

All custom settings are saved and automatically loaded if device is plugged, that's fu*#g great !

Test with MegaDrive emu, should works with all others.

Just updated my builds to the latest 1.5.19 versions. There's not a whole lot of Pandora-specific changes but I hope to have some of the feature requests done for the next update :)

Just updated my builds to the latest 1.5.19 versions. There's not a while lot of Pandora-specific changes but I hope to have some of the feature requests done for the next update :)
Thanks, Robert! I've been enjoying D&D Order of the Griffin on my iPad, and now I can finally move the save over to my Pandora.

Back