Release Emu EX Plus Alpha ported to the Pandora

Is there any way of playing lightgun games in either NES.emu or SNES9x EX+? was hoping to play some duckhunt (nes) or yoshi's safari (snes).
I didn't configure anything and it works perfectly, so it should work out of the box. I played Duck Hunt and Gumshoe. I haven't tried snes lightgun games though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Duckhunt works great but i'm wondering if i have to do anything special to access the secondary fuctions of the superscope on SNES for example on yoshi' safari i can shoot stuff fine but when i come to a section where i have to jump i cant do it on pandora (i have input set to superscope in the emulator) am i missing something really simple?

I'm having a weird problem with the .Emu emulators (though I really love those emulators!).

Whenever I press the right shoulder button it fast forwards the game. Is there something wrong with my setup? Doesn't anyone else have this problem, too?

You can unbind the R key for fast forward. Go to "Input Device Setup", then "keypad", then "Set In-Game Actions" and press left on "Fast-forward" to unbind (or bind any key you like to "Fast-forward").

Thanks Gausen, that was really annoying me.

Also, to unbind the R key I had to change the "keypad" bindings as well as the "gpio" key bindings for R.

Personally I think having the R key as the default fast forward action is not such a good idea...

Loving the interface on this while playing around with C64.emu.

Here's a question.  I'm having a tough time trying to figure out how to shoot while playing Castle Wolfenstein.  According to the instructions you press ~ which on the Pandora requires pressing shift and the 4 key.  This is very unwieldy.

Any suggestions on how I could remap this to an easier key without the combination?  Wasn't sure if this was possible in the application.

Loving the 64 emulator, only just got round to trying it as VIce is my normal emu of choice for C=64.

Any way to speed up loading on the loading of discs?  On vice you can bug in a cartridge that does it but not found a way to do that here.

Here's a question.  I'm having a tough time trying to figure out how to shoot while playing Castle Wolfenstein.  According to the instructions you press ~ which on the Pandora requires pressing shift and the 4 key.  This is very unwieldy.

Any suggestions on how I could remap this to an easier key without the combination?  Wasn't sure if this was possible in the application.
Yes, you can redefine everything. Go to Option|Input setup|Virtual and you can remap everithing, from joystick to keyboard.

Loving the 64 emulator, only just got round to trying it as VIce is my normal emu of choice for C=64.

Any way to speed up loading on the loading of discs?  On vice you can bug in a cartridge that does it but not found a way to do that here.
Apply "Quick C64 Config", not chosing "True Drive Emulation", or going in Option|System and switch off TDE. That should speedup the loading time.

Yes, you can redefine everything. Go to Option|Input setup|Virtual and you can remap everithing, from joystick to keyboard.

Apply "Quick C64 Config", not chosing "True Drive Emulation", or going in Option|System and switch off TDE. That should speedup the loading time.
That worked, games now load in seconds, excellent I really am loving this.

One more question though, do you have a list of where the keys are mapped as I can't press F5 or F7.

I know on a C=64 the F keys were in pairs F1&F2, F3&F4 etc. but I cannot get all of them to register, coming to that I can't get all of the number keys to function as numbers either.

Thanks ptitSeb for the tips on keyboard remapping.  Got Castle Wolfenstein working like a dream.

This is such a slick emulator, and even though I can run the same emulator on my Samsung SIII, it is so much better on the Pandora with the controls.  The Pandora just keeps giving back.  Loving this thing!

Having some slight issues with SNES9x EX+, the R shoulder button seems to be mapped as both fast forward and the SNES controller's R shoulder button i've tried remapping the buttons in the emulator menus to assign the fast forward function to another key, but this perplexingly seems to make no difference as even if i unbind all fast forward functions R shoulder button still speeds games up, really sruggling with this one so any advice?

Mods feel free to move this to support section if it's more appropriate

In C64.emu (1.5.12) I cannot change the sound emulation from ReSID to FastSID. When I exit the menu and go back it alsways switches back to ReSID. Any hints?

Have some sound problems with ReSID. (Sound pauses for half a sec every 20 seconds)

is there any way that i can scroll thru my roms faster (i have them seperated into letters but its still to slow i have hundreds of roms for each letter) in other emus i can scroll thru pages as well as just scroll down usully by pressing left or right on the dpad or would it be possable add a search function?

In C64.emu (1.5.12) I cannot change the sound emulation from ReSID to FastSID. When I exit the menu and go back it alsways switches back to ReSID. Any hints?

Have some sound problems with ReSID. (Sound pauses for half a sec every 20 seconds)
I haven't played with thoses options enough to help. I will have to check, but it seems it is not saved correctly. Did you tried with the 1.5.11 also, same behavour?

is there any way that i can scroll thru my roms faster (i have them seperated into letters but its still to slow i have hundreds of roms for each letter) in other emus i can scroll thru pages as well as just scroll down usully by pressing left or right on the dpad or would it be possable add a search function?
Not really, I don't think there is a page up/down implemented. But maybe some "finger scroll" may help?

Not really, I don't think there is a page up/down implemented. But maybe some "finger scroll" may help?
by finger scroll do you mean the touch screen? is it possable just to speed up the scrolling? i have like a thousand or so roms that start with S so to get to super mario i have to hold down the dpad for like almost 2 min or so in the other emulator if u pressed down on the dpad it would scroll down and if u pressed right it would scroll much faster like scrollin thru pages

it would be awesome if you could start typeing name to narrow it down then i can scroll thru those :)

I haven't played with thoses options enough to help. I will have to check, but it seems it is not saved correctly. Did you tried with the 1.5.11 also, same behavour?
It's the same with 1.5.11 - yes. :(

having some slight issues with C64emu, where do i need to put VICE related stuff and games in order for it to run stuff? pretty sure i never used to have this issue, almost certain i've had games running in the past... also what version of the VICE folders should i use (DOS, Windows etc)?

Hi!

Could I play in my big CRT with this emulators and 2 USB gamepads?  :wub:

(I think that only with Picodrive and PanMame is possible)

Thanks!!

Back