Ebay And Paypal

Steve-O

Ok, I use Ebay and PayPal quite alot :p

I Pay for my Item Right After the auction has finished so the Seller receives his payment about 1 minute after I have won the item.

What REALY annoys me is the time it takes for the seller to actually send the item. Ive been waiting over a week now for this stuff I bought :(

Dont get me wrong, there is sellers out there that post out straight away :D..

Anyone else find that anoying /???????

Steve-O posted on Sep 28 2004 at 03:19 PM said:
Ok, I use Ebay and PayPal quite alot :p

I Pay for my Item Right After the auction has finished so the Seller receives his payment about 1 minute after I have won the item.

What REALY annoys me is the time it takes for the seller to actually send the item. Ive been waiting over a week now for this stuff I bought :(

Dont get me wrong, there is sellers out there that post out straight away :D..

Anyone else find that anoying /???????
Wel I buy allot on ebay and I use Paypal allot too.
But the item always comes fast.
I never had to wait more then 7 days.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
The most annoying thing is when sellers have items on then tell you some shit like they are going on holiday so you have it wait an extra week or so

Wtf they selling stuff for if they have already planned to go away :angry:

many guys are selling stuff they dont have and buy it when you orded it, thats why the shipping times are sometime kind of long

Vimacs, yeah, I had one of those once. Got really pissed off when, after four weeks, I asked where my items are... :huh:

Well, I can wait a week or two... but it's really annoying if you sell something and the buyer doesn't answer your E-Mail. Got something like this going at the moment...

spray posted on Sep 28 2004 at 03:38 PM said:
i mostly use ebay for stuff from the states, always presently surprised when items arrive inside of a week!

Do you ever get stung by customs with tax, i know you can get marked as a gift but what if you insure the amount has to be declared..

about to bid for something from states today, its second hand mind you but wouldn'tmind insuring.

loz_the_guru posted on Sep 29 2004 at 03:50 PM said:
If you get it marked as a gift sure it doesnt matter if its insured or not? Also, how much is tax from the US?

BOUT 25% which seems silly on something second hand, i was researching ear;ier and some guy who lived in the states for a few years when he moved back to the he couldn't take his painting easle back on the plane so insured it and sent it back to the UK by post, customs stung him for £50!

So make sure if your travelling abroad and staying and friends make sure you don't forget anything expensive behind when you leave to come back to the uK!

loz_the_guru posted on Sep 29 2004 at 04:04 PM said:
OooooOoooOOoo.....Just bought an ibook for £400 from th US, If i get it marked as a gift am I still going to be charged income tax?

yes,

I think it depends on teh Value of the Item as well.. If they say its valued at £100 or under then u should be ok...

I think its that,,,

Theres a UK Import Governemt web site thing somewhere that tells you the value of stuff that you can get without paying tax or something...

Also, I got home and found a YOU HAVE A PARCEL WAITING TO BE COLLECTED Leaflet. Wounder whats arrived :D

Back