Ebay Monkeys

sininc

Still Fresh
I really like ebay and sell and buy a lot of stuff on there.

But in the last week I have ahd two neutrals, the first because the guy didnt want the item ( ? and how does this deserve a neutral) and the next because he didnt read the auction description.

Arghhhhhhhhhh I have unblemished feedback of 568 except due to the neutrals, the majority all from new users with no feedback :(

Ah well my little bitch, anyone else having similar problems ?

I've been lucky up till now, but I agree that the system can be too easily abused. Ebay is in a difficult situation - ah well, at least you can respond...

Ill tell you what it gets on my tits more than anything i got a bastard negative from someone who stole my money can you belive the cheek in that :angry:

I had a bastard not sell me his RF Lin because I could only put $1 down on it for bid, even though I maxed at 10, and it didn't reach his reserve price. Then I bid on it again after he pulls on the last auction and then some mofo out bids me on that. What BS. I was so mofoing pissed.

Arghhhh another ebay moron today who despite the auction saying no box or manual has complained it came with neither :(

I think the influx of newbies at Christmas is awful all they do is moan lol.

I myself buy the cheap stuff at second hand shops and flea markets. But most thinks I sell are just thinks I don't want anymore. So I am not exaclty making money. Just earning something back. :D

IMHO your feedback bonus from someone should be proportional to his/her feedback rating. So the newbies who, for a personal example, give you a negative because you waited for a cheque to clear before sending stuff out (a practice clearly stated on the auction description) will only dent you, but a seasoned buyer with good experience will hurt you badly. Still open to abuse, but less likely I expect because (theoretically) power sellers and experienced users are not going to mis-rate you.

The system is fine, folks. You can always respond to positive, neutral, and negative feedback. Likewise, potential customers are only one click away from checking the feedback of a user who left negative feedback, to find out if they're a newb or special case.

Besides, a couple negative votes per 100+ positive ones will do your business no visible harm at all. Leave a response that you tried your best, or the customer didn't cooperate, or email for questions -- just be honest and you'll be fine.

The current feedback system is working great and shouldn't be changed. If you could translate the business I used to work for, Blockbuster, into a feedback rating, only about four of every five customers would say they left happy. Is Blockbuster still in business? Oh, please.

Back