Earthquake In China

ldesnogu

Website
Visit site
I was wondering if the earthquake in China will impact the build of the Pandora.

BTW, this is just an informative question, the most important thing is that Chinese people recover well from that disaster...

JakeK said:
I didn't know it was being built in China.
I don't think it is, but some (a lot?) of the parts are likely to be sourced from that part of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Laurent said:
I was wondering if the earthquake in China will impact the build of the Pandora.
It depends on where the component factories for the Pandora are located.

Near earthquake zone: It could do depending on whether a factory/many factories was/were damaged or not.

Not near earthquake zone: Business as usual.

EDIT: same with assembly.

That earthquake was in such a small part of the country, that I would highly doubt that it would have any impact on it. If the production on the pandora in China has even started yet. It shouldn't have any effect on factories in other parts of the country, which would be business as usual.

PlopperZ said:
That earthquake was in such a small part of the country, that I would highly doubt that it would have any impact on it. If the production on the pandora in China has even started yet. It shouldn't have any effect on factories in other parts of the country, which would be business as usual.

This thread is horrifically ghoulsh. We should be organizing to send our pandora money there to save people's lives. I did.

Just sayin...

Giskard1708 said:
PlopperZ said:

This thread is horrifically ghoulsh. We should be organizing to send our pandora money there to save people's lives. I did.

Just sayin...

Australia already has offered millions of dollars so I'm not that concerned if I don't send $300, plus who actually donates that much to begin with?

You don't need to go all 'morals' on the us.

JakeK said:
Giskard1708 said:

Just sayin...
Australia already has offered millions of dollars so I'm not that concerned if I don't send $300, plus who actually donates that much to begin with?

You don't need to go all 'morals' on the us.

At least the government of China is allowing aid into the country...

Let's be honest, China has money (maybe not the people, but the State does). What they really need is manpower and equipment, and fast, but they've insisted that they can handle that themselves too. Burma needs the aid desperately, and those people are the least likely to get it no matter what we send. :( (I hear the UN is calling for crimes against humanity charges, and rightly so).

Anyway. This isn't an insensitive question, it's actually being asked in a lot of industries right now. I did some quick reading, and apparently most of China's manufacturing is based along the east coast, well away from the affected area.

Such a terrible shame what happened in China and Burma (what's the new name again, Myanmar?). It really does break my heart to see such things happen to so many innocent people. *sigh*

I don't even care if it affects Pandora, but I do understand why people might ask.

Back