Chinese Clones...

quadomatic

DingooWiki Admin
Website
www.opendingoo.com
It seems as though fears over Chinese clones of the Pandora have propped up multiple times. So, I figured I'd ask a few questions that others may have asked themselves as well.

How likely is it that some people in China will look at the Pandora's hardware and case and successfully duplicate it for sale? Is that legal? Were that to happen, would OPT be able to stop them?

And, uh, not intending to push anyone towards one opinion or another with this, just curious, so don't kill me...but...if a Chinese clone showed up, would any of you support it?

I started a reply but then i looked at your joining date. Did you not follow the forum? there was a similar thread only a week or so ago

Edit: :ph34r: and man, topics go fast. cannot find it myself

If one showed up that was a perfect clone (almost zero chance of that IMO, given the complex PCB design) I would not support it, in fact I would be very vocal in steering people away from it. But if a crappy "clone" showed up with the usual half assed PMP internals (more likely), I'd buy it for the lols.

MarkoeZ said:
I started a reply but then i looked at your joining date. Did you not follow the forum? there was a similar thread only a week or so ago

Edit: :ph34r: and man, topics go fast. cannot find it myself

Sorry, it's been a rather busy week. And yea, topics go fast. So many new ones show up, many of which are dupes of others, and it gets hard to find threads that are actually new.

Last edited by a moderator:
quadomatic said:
Sorry, it's been a rather busy week. And yea, topics go fast. So many new ones show up, many of which are dupes of others, and it gets hard to find threads that are actually new.

Got ya. Wel the general idea was, like posted by Gruso, that a cheap knockoff would actually be fun, and serious copiers would be killed by stone throwing.

Cheers!

Did you all see the unboxing vid of the PSP clone? It was very funny. It was basically a plastic toy that played games at like 128X128 pixes or some such. Ok, maybe 256X256.

I forget, it was long ago.

I smoke some good stuff, but thinking that some fly by night company from anywhere is going to just up and clone a Pandora has me very skeptical.

It's almost taken OP themselves two years to finish, that's not to include design phase etc.

You got any more of whatever you've been puffing on?

Peace and wanting your danks,

Link

Gruso said:
If one showed up that was a perfect clone (almost zero chance of that IMO, given the complex PCB design) I would not support it,

I would.

Wait.

My order number is safe, right? I mean Craig still can't read these forums....? :blink:

Whenever I see Mjlink post, this is who I imagine is writing:

pineapple_express-2.jpg

Yeah even if it gets duplicated it'll probably just be one of those lameass mp4 player things or at best something with dingoo level hardware. Featuring things like watch music, listen movie and fun 3d game.

Back