Dungeon Master "Anthology" on Pandora

PowerGod

Forum Addict!
Hi, I know that's only a dream for now to play all the Dungeon Master games on the Pandora, but I can't try them by myself (it's waiting time...EDIT: ah, the sweet old waiting time :p ) and I want to know how them works.

I'll try to list every existent version that I know of:

--

• Dungeon Master (Atari ST) - WORKS
  • Dungeon Master (Apple II GS) - unknown
  • Dungeon Master (Amiga) - WORKS
  • Dungeon Master (PC-DOS) - WORKS (DosBox)
  • Dungeon Master (SNES) - WORKS
  • Dungeon Master (X68000) - WORKS (PX68k, not fully tested)
  • Dungeon Master (PC-9801) - WORKS (Neko Project II - issues with speed, nubs and keyboard, you have to use the included "Software keyboard" to play, cause the game require numeric keypad... and the mouse cursor is really really slow)
  • Dungeon Master (FM-Towns) - unknown
  • Dungeon Master (CSBwin) - WORKS (Video from YouTube) (CSBWin PND Original thread Pandora Forum Thread)
----
  • Dungeon Master 2 (PC-DOS) - WORKS (DosBox)
  • Dungeon Master 2 (Amiga) - unknown
  • Dungeon Master 2 (Macintosh) - unknown
  • Dungeon Master 2 (Sega/Mega CD) - unknown
  • Dungeon Master 2 (PC-9801) - unknown
  • Dungeon Master 2 (PC-9821) - unknown
  • Dungeon Master 2 (IBM PS/V) - unknown
  • Dungeon Master 2 (FM-Towns) - unknown
--
  • Theron's Quest (TurboGrafx / PC Engine) - unknown
--
  • Dungeon Master Nexus (Sega Saturn) - JUST STARTS (Yabause experimental build, after initial FMV the game is black)
In the Dungeon Master Encyclopaedia are listed the differencies of the same game on different platforms.

Last edited by a moderator:
P.S.: How can I post a simple link to a youtube video without the automatic added MEDIA tag ?
Put it in the URL tags instead. ;)

It automatically switches them for media tags if it's a youtube link!

One way round it might be to mask the link with a description

Code:
 [url=www.youtubevideoofyourchoice.om/b4gd6g]Awesome Video![/url]

DM1 and Csb play fine in numerous formats. With csbwin also runnin you've got that avenue

Dm2 is probably out of the question (was in dosbox a year or two back)

Therons quest on th16 used to not work but likely does now, but not tried.

(to me its really only dm, csb and maybe dm2 for canon ;)

Jeffphone

Dungeon Master (Atari ST) - WORKS

Dungeon Master (Amiga) - WORKS

Dungeon Master (PC-DOS) - WORKS (dosbox)

Dungeon Master (SNES) - WORKS

Chaos Strikes Back (Atari ST) - WORKS

Chaos Strikes Back (Amiga) - WORKS

Dungeon Master 2 (PC-DOS) - WORKS (dosbox)

Dungeon Master (Atari ST) - WORKS

Dungeon Master (Amiga) - WORKS

Dungeon Master (PC-DOS) - WORKS (dosbox)

Dungeon Master (SNES) - WORKS

Chaos Strikes Back (Atari ST) - WORKS

Chaos Strikes Back (Amiga) - WORKS

Dungeon Master 2 (PC-DOS) - WORKS (dosbox)

WOW !! That was fast !! :D Thanks

Does DM 2 works at full speed in dosbox ?

DM1 works well with Dosbox, but you have to use the stylus cause there's a issue with the nubs.

DM2 is a bit slow but really playable. Same issue that DM1. (I can make a vid if you like ;) )

I can test the others, but these ones :

Dungeon Master (X68000) - unknown

Dungeon Master (PC-9801) - unknown

Dungeon Master (FM-Towns) - unknown

I don't know how with which emulator ?

Hey, don't forget about the nice port of Chaos Strikes Back that was done - here's a link to the discussion:

http://www.gp32x.de...tc-for-pandora/

The pnd doesn't seem to be on the repo, but it's on the wiki in the Games list under "Dungeon Master aka. Chaos Strikes Back"

It was already there ;) listed as CSBwin version, anyway I'll add the link to the port!! Thanks

BAFelton said:
(I can make a vid if you like )

If you find the time i'll be happy to link it in the first post, I'm always hungry of pandora gameplay !! ;)

BAFelton said:
I can test the others, but these ones :

Dungeon Master (X68000) - unknown

Dungeon Master (PC-9801) - unknown

Dungeon Master (FM-Towns) - unknown

I don't know how with which emulator ?

LOL, I don't even know what theese platforms are... so I can't help, but seems like PC more than consoles...

anyway the FM-Towns version seems the only one with a CD soundtrack during the game...

I only have this reference to an emulator called UNZ for windows http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/345

And this information can be useful too http://boards.dingoo...arty-emulators/

this is a badass multi-emulator... http://www.xe-emulat...dex.php?m=about hope someone can compile it for the pandora...

Tested "Dungeon Master (PC-9801)" with Neko Project II, it works, but the controls are a great issue, anyway another addition to the Pandora "Anthology" :) hoping to be able one day to play this version in a better way

FYI, The DOS version of Dungeon Master I and II are now very playable with the newer versions of DOSBox with the speedier Dynarec. I had no issues with the Nubs so not sure what's that all about. But I assume most of this is old information as this thread is almost a year old.

FYI, The DOS version of Dungeon Master I and II are now very playable with the newer versions of DOSBox with the speedier Dynarec. I had no issues with the Nubs so not sure what's that all about. But I assume most of this is old information as this thread is almost a year old.

I started this thread for curiosity before receiving my Pandora, it needs to be updated indeed... in some months the emulators have got a great speed/usability boost !! B)

The original DM is Atari ST and works flawlessly in Hatari :)

We also have native ports in the repo (from translation from ST to source and now prtable) so.. There you go for DM and CSB :)

Tried DM:Nexus on a experimental build of Yabause on the Pandora.

I got the FMV, but ingame play is broken (Black screen basically).

yabause-dm1.png

Back