Ds Vs Ds Lite - Worth The Upgrade?

loz_the_guru

i cant think of a good custom member title. Sugges
Website
Visit site
Ive been considering selling my DS for a while and upgrading to a DS lite, but is it really worth it? I like the idea of it being smaller, and IMO it looks much nicer, but what do others think?

loz_the_guru posted on Dec 17 2006 at 12:24 PM said:
Ive been considering selling my DS for a while and upgrading to a DS lite, but is it really worth it? I like the idea of it being smaller, and IMO it looks much nicer, but what do others think?

You just correctly described most of the new features of the DS lite. The only thing more really is more battery life, but you can just buy a better battery if you really want to upgrade that. You just have ask yourself is it really worth it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh... the screens? :lol: The screens are so much better it's unreal. If you like being able to, you know, see the game you're playing anywhere other than a dark room, then yeah it's worth the upgrade.

The DS lite is slimmer, sleeker, it weighs less, the screen is brighter, the stylus is easier to hold, better more scratch resistant touch screen.

I'm sure theres more advantages, but thats just some of the things I've noticed from my experience with both handhelds.

Keep in mind this is coming from somebody who doesn't like the DS/DS lite in general, so that's saying something.

If you're completely happy with your present DS, don't bother. But if you want the improvements mentioned, it's worth it.

For me it's worth it just because the buttons are no longer the miserable GBA SP-like buttons.

The little d-pad hurts my thumb, and the touchscreen is flimsier (it ripples more under the stylus), but apart from those two issues the DS Lite is better in every way. (Although, the super screens do show up the in-perfections in the DS's graphics more..)

To me its more comfartable to use, i used to get terrible thumb cramp on some games(especially mario kart). i never expected THAT much difference when my lite arrived but the screens are an amazing improvement, and id say sharper aswell, id definitely upgrade.

edit: sorry, i forgot, the only problem is my hinge cracked, and happened with loads of them when they were first released, i dunno if nintendo have sorted it now, thats the only bad thing about the lite.

the ds lite is the most beautiful handheld console ever made. And the screens are terrific. Strong buy.
only downside: the gba roms do not fit proberly into the slot.

Back