Nintendo Ds Lite Questions

pantera6

Ruler of good and evil, then i make them fight tog
Website
Visit site
hi people
im in england, meaning i cant get a dslite till 23rd of june.
Anyway
i was just wondering if anyone had pro's and cons of the ds lite
i doubt its true but people said the screens were smaller, and sound was less loud, is it ture?
I have a ds and can trade it in and only pay 60pounds for the ds lite?
does anyone think its worth it?
Ive felt a demo ds, and they do feel alot better, but are they that much better when playing games
or is it just better staying with my big chunky ds

The screens are the same size, and the sound is basically the same, if not a bit louder on max. People say the top screen looks smaller because they removed the black part around it, its an optical illusion, i measured both screens, they are exactly the same.

My friend owns one, here is my list:

Pros:
Screens put the regular ds to shame, me and him had ouendan at the same screen to compare, god its so much better.
Its lighter and more comfortable to hold.
The D pad and buttons are better.
The power button is on the side.
When playing games like brain training, you talk into the ds, not into the bottom of the screen (thanks to the new microphone placement)
The joint of the screens is more secure as its one long bar, and it doesn't flop around like the regular ds sometimes does.
The stylus puts the regular ds's to shame (its longer, thicker, and more comfortable). I couldn't beat the last level of ouendan on hard with my regular stylus, and on the second try i beat it with the ds lite stylus (the first try i got to the end but forgot to spin the last spinner :()
The battery lasts longer.
Overall. Its a much better system.
Cons:
For right now, in america it only comes out in white, and in enurope only black and that brownish color.
If you have a GBA game inserted in the slot, it sticks out about 1/3 of the way. (It comes with a cap for that part of the ds lite to make it look complete when no gba game is inserted though)
It fingerprints easily, sorta like an ipod or a psp (not as bas as the psp though, but that may just because of the white color of the system).

Well, there's my experience with one. June 11th im going to get one. I hope this helps.

yes it does
thanks psymaster
yes i can pre-order a black one though :D
hehe
i guess fingerpriniting will just be like the gp2x, nothing to distract you i guess
i cant wait to play metroid hunters on that baby now

Oh god.

I was gonna get the HOT blue color but now that fucking psp fingerprint issue may be coming up? FUCK THAT!

I guess ill stick to the light colors this time through :rolleyes:

6 colours
nice
i wonder what they are
still black for me though
fingerprints never annoyed me really
they dont affect how you play and they dissapear after a few minutes
A few other things i was worried about the ds lite though
is the wi fi thingy less powerfull , as in you need to be closer in range to get a good signal from your router.
and yes, is 40pounds a good price for trade in in a months time? or can i get a better price now. i can do without my ds for a month

In Sweden they will be released in two colours; white and black. I think I have to get one... white or black.. hmm..

pantera6 posted on May 29 2006 at 07:17 AM said:
6 colours
nice
i wonder what they are
still black for me though
fingerprints never annoyed me really
they dont affect how you play and they dissapear after a few minutes
A few other things i was worried about the ds lite though
is the wi fi thingy less powerfull , as in you need to be closer in range to get a good signal from your router.
and yes, is 40pounds a good price for trade in in a months time? or can i get a better price now. i can do without my ds for a month
psp finger prints NEVER disappear :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fishbong posted on May 29 2006 at 05:02 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on May 29 2006 at 01:50 PM said:
psp finger prints NEVER disappear :huh:
Try sandpaper. :)

lmfao
never dissapear?
gp2x gets fingerprints but they dissapear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back