Ds To Get A Redesign

Well i've truly warmed to the touch screen, since getting my DS im playing games a whle lot more than is used to (okay protablility does help) but the touch screen does add a new gameplay element ..

Currently addicted to Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan which is a manic game that could only be played using a touch screen..

if you like crazy rhythm games defintly get this..miles better then band brothers i wouldn't normally bother with japnese games but someone on another forum raved on about it.. and its bloody good fun to play works really well (i would recommend getting a scren protector!)

Will never get release over here.

Anyone no of any other good games from the far east that can be played with out knowledge of japanese, which won't see there release over here?

Couldnt have sold Ouendan better myself Skysnapper. I got it for xmas and what a game it is. Its use of the touch screen is simple but its very addictive and the music is of a high quality.

i really want ouenden to, any reccomendations on where to get from at a good price? i think its about 29£ on lik sang, i love my ds lately, i hardly touched it for about 6 months while i was enjoying my psp, but since mariokart, animal crossing and mario & luigi 2 i havent touched it.

i really want ouenden to, any reccomendations on where to get from at a good price? i think its about 29£ on lik sang, i love my ds lately, i hardly touched it for about 6 months while i was enjoying my psp, but since mariokart, animal crossing and mario & luigi 2 i havent touched it.

You can get it a bit cheaper on fleabay.

Same here i spent a fair bit upgrading my pc to play the latest games and half life..

i haven't even bothered finishing half life im just hooked on the ds..

Shows playability owns graphics

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn... Stupid non believers. Here's a post from my site:

060126.jpg

IGN.com said:
January 26, 2006 - After weeks of rumor and speculation, Nintendo today finally revealed its expected redesign of the Nintendo DS handheld system. Called the DS Lite, this new design will be released in Japan on March 2, 2006 and cost 16,800 yen (about 140 bucks US.) The redesign retains all the functionality of the standard DS, but makes things smaller, lighter and brighter.

The modified dual screen handheld has been tweaked into a smaller chassis. The new unit measures up to 133 mm wide by 73.9 mm tall by 21.5 thick. (that's compared to 148.7 x 84.7 x 28.99 mm in the original.) DS Lite weighs 218g, compared to the 275 g of the original.

DS Lite's biggest new technical feature is its updated set of backlit LCD screens. The system is brighter overall, and will give the user the ability to select from four different levels of brightness for viewing and/or battery consumption. A few other cosmetic changes were made to the new DS Lite -- there's a new hinge design, the power light was put on the left side of the hinge and is visible while the clamshell is closed, the mic is moved to top/center while the speakers are more centered, the Select and Start buttons are set on the bottom instead of top, and the power button is no longer on the front, and all of the dark button colors are changed to whites and grays. The cute DS logo is also placed on the front. Basic functionality, otherwise, looks to be identical to the original DS.
Nintendo has not yet revealed any of its US release plans, but expect an announcement in the next few hours from Nintendo of America. We'll keep you posted.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/news/060126.html

Here is a user's mockup compared to the original DS model.

dscomparison0al.jpg

Holy Crapshits. I want 1. This basically fixed all the major complaints that people had with the DS. They didn't like the power button on the top of it, Mic was too far down, its much lighter, Gameboy Micro D-Pad, larger buttons, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
:p someone posted it wasn't going to happen without reading the article in the post and whomever changed it didn't bother to read the article either and now they're all mad they were proven wrong and have to resort to insults. :p :p :p

Actually th eproblem is if you read the articles Nintendo basically lied to peoples faces. I read over at Gamespot where Reggie recanted after that innitial slip and said there where no plans to redesign the current DS, Nintendo corporate also stated there was no intention of commenting on the "rumor" dispite the fact that it all started with one of their people.

Yeah, I just got my imported Black DS and I should be happy because it's a pretty coold system but now I'm just pissed because right after they told me to go ahead and by it they pull this bait and switch crap. Now if I want the NEW new one I have to trade in the one I have for less than half what I paid for it to get a brand new one and I STILL might have to wait another god damn year for a black one.

JEERS Nintendo. JEERS.

Back