Drsms "bugs"

QuasaR

Website
www.echtzeitroolen.de
Hello there!

I just opened a new topic to help Reesy debug his great Sega Master System emulator. Here some "bugs" I've found: When changing the GP32 speed, it seems the sound pitches afterwards a litttle bit higher or lower. Funny enough, it seems that 80Mhz and 160Mhz have the same "pitchlevel". Second bug is, when I choose not to have auto-detection for the country-selector but Europe instead, the fps counter still show 60 fps... Strange.

But nethertheless it's still one of the best emus around, as DrMD is (and OpenSNES will be?... :))

The only game glitches that I have noticed are:

Hang On -- the colour of the kerbs are black and red not white and red.

Micromachines -- doesn't boot.

Err.. that's it for now.

A damn good emu, top work Reesy.

and when playing Sonic (Chaos) the speed is overkill, even when it's set at 33mhz ; 22100khz

anyway nice stuff :) thanks Reesy!

The sound pitch changing is an issue with the way the GP32 itself works. Reesy can't work around that. In the manual it says that the region change option is only there, for now it doesn't actually do anything yet.

My only problem with DrSMS is that GG games don't work yet, other than that, its a great emu.

I have noticed that the screen will flash black for a frame or two once in awhile. Sometimes it is just tthe top half. I notice it alot in the Sonic games. Other than that it is awesome.

Back