Drmdx

ok that sounds like a good idea, I'm finding it a pain to keep scrolling through the directories on the root of my sd card anyway.

How is NTSC TV out support going with DrMD Reesy? Have you worked on this at all? Just curious. Thanks.

Overwise, just have a look at the MAME (menu code) code for overclocking, Reesy :)

Concerning the GP32 saves: Back then you said you will just update the GP32 version to save the same way as the GP2X version :)

Epicenter posted on Apr 6 2006 at 12:31 AM said:
Reesy- given any thought to adding a 68K clock control? (and a Z80 one?) :)

Its not something I will use myself so I doubt I'll add it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'll probably get flamed, but whatever...

Is there any chance of MegaCD-emulation being incorporated into DrMDx?

I doubt it now, before the GP2X was released I thought it would be possible. We had the basic specs and with the second processor I thought it would be a piece of cake. It wasn't until we got hold of the hardware and started benchmarking the second processor that we realised that it was going to be hard going.

I still feel that a decent 2d tile engine could be coded for the second cpu, it would have to be small enough to fit into the cpus cache so that it would not slow down the other cpu. It would have to make use of the 2d accelerator as well in order to minimise the load of the data bus. Of course having the 2d accelerator going at the same time as the main cpu would probably slow things down but I don't know enough about it to say for certain. If I ever get some free time I might have a crack at it.

If I managed to get all of the rendering loaded onto the second cpu then maybe it would be possible but it would be tight.

FluffyPanda posted on Apr 5 2006 at 11:01 AM said:
Reesy posted on Apr 5 2006 at 07:15 AM said:
I've just added the screen blitting functions to DrMD that Squidge uses in SquidgeSnes, this has improved performance by 5fps, not too bad. I've also fixed the save states, I may release a new version this evening if I get time.
So I'll be getting 65 fps in most games soon then? :lol:

I love DrMD, but I have noticed the missing layers in games too. Dungeons & Dragons: Warriors of the eternal sun, for example, is unplayable.

If you ever feel like trying to find the cause I don't mind helping out, but I know you're busy and I don't know how much help I can be. Regardless, if there's any testing or anything I can do for you just let me know.

Same for me, character portraits in Shadowrun are missing.

if you make a 6 button option would you also include "mode" button.

it was basically there version of select though very few games (eternal champions on the wondermega for example) used it.

clarky2o2o posted on Apr 8 2006 at 04:30 PM said:
if you make a 6 button option would you also include "mode" button.

it was basically there version of select though very few games (eternal champions on the wondermega for example) used it.
Or it could be an option in the menu. It's a pretty thorough menu, something like that would be right at home there.

mooseknuckle2000 posted on Apr 11 2006 at 09:49 PM said:
any word on a new release Reesy?

I know you're eager, but stop with the pestering: Deja Vu

I've broken my joystick on my gp2x, so I'm trying a gba dpad mod. After I'm back up and running I'll continue with DrMD and squidgesnes.

I've still got to add 6 button support to DrMD and finish off the rom browser which is almost finished.

I'm still working on speeding up the rendering in squidgesnes, I've tried several techniques so far, some have been more successful than others. I think the most speed I've gained was 7 fps but that was a very basic proof of concept so I would think that in the final implementation it would drop to 6 fps. I've got another idea I want to try out, if that doesn't work out then I finish off the other proof of concept and make a release.

Reesy posted on Apr 12 2006 at 03:51 PM said:
I've broken my joystick on my gp2x, so I'm trying a gba dpad mod. After I'm back up and running I'll continue with DrMD and squidgesnes.

I've still got to add 6 button support to DrMD and finish off the rom browser which is almost finished.

I'm still working on speeding up the rendering in squidgesnes, I've tried several techniques so far, some have been more successful than others. I think the most speed I've gained was 7 fps but that was a very basic proof of concept so I would think that in the final implementation it would drop to 6 fps. I've got another idea I want to try out, if that doesn't work out then I finish off the other proof of concept and make a release.

When my joystick broke (the DaveC one), I melted it over a flame and attached it t the metal stub when it was flexible. It works great now.

No the cap is fine, it the actual joystick thats screwed up. I think the shaft has been twisted ( probably by my son ), I can no longer move in any direction. I've tried rotating the shaft to every angle but nothing works, I was going to mod it anyway but now I have no choice.

No I started to look at it but there are a lot of changes involved in adding the core and the version of Snes9x source is different from yoyo's version so its not obvious where things have been changed for the new sound core. I'll get there in the end.

Back