Drmd Version 3.0

rabbits with hats posted on Aug 28 2005 at 09:22 PM said:
Street Fighter 2 Turbo worked in the last Version. Didn't it?

I mentioned this before. :huh:
Yes it was already playable with version 1 and 2 (and b9)

Last edited by a moderator:
solarice posted on Aug 28 2005 at 05:58 PM said:
syndicate now appears to be working....used to crash at start.

YES!!!!!!! woohoo!!

:D

I never had so much fun using DrMD!

I`m currently enjoying Shining Force 2, which is one hell of a great game!

Thanks, Reesy!

Quiest posted on Aug 31 2005 at 11:00 AM said:

Thanks, Reesy!

Me too, What I'm playing at the moment is:

Mega-lo-mania (Tyrants - Fight throught time)
Sonic 3D
Risky Woods
Psycho Pinball
Castlevania - The New Generation

Amazing playing all these on the bus :lol:

Quiest posted on Aug 31 2005 at 12:00 PM said:

Thanks, Reesy!

I wonder, how different is that from the MegaCD version? Or vice versa... :)

LandStalker works but Chat Box no shows :blink:

I am so happy that i can enjoy Shining Force 2 :D :D :D :D :D

Thx alot gp32_console gp32_console gp32_console

Among the first things I've tried, and I'm most impressed Reesy... thanks a quite large squddle (imagined word... make up your own meaning, but its big); imo this is the coolest emu on the machine hands down, and once I've got a paypal account set up (probably in the next couple of weeks) you'll be among those devs getting say a tenner since I do seem to have some liquid which is actually stuff that's entirely unearmarked atm (a nice feeling :) )

Many thanks - Shining Force rocks.

Panorama Cotton now loads the intro perfectly, although the actual game still has messed up gfx (still can't see the floor), but I'm hoping that'll get squashed in the not too distant future. Could be to do with the layering bug (i.e. sprites are always written in front of one of the layers that's supposed to occlude them, hence why you could see sonic when he should be standing underground in Sonic 3D for e.g., although in ver 1.0 this is, so could have changed), or could just be because Mode 7 games in general typically seem to have been slightly fussy. Dunno. But nonetheless, stunningly good.

DrMD News
-------------

Reworked the control emulation which seems to be working better. Decap Attack and Samurai Showdown are now controllable ( Samurai Showdown still has alot of graphical bugs though :().

yep, just tested that one a second ago as it happens. It runs pretty much perfect as far as I can tell.

Sold my GP32 to my friend, he only uses it for Dr. MD.
Most games work, but just reporting a small bug report.

Bram Stoker's Dracula - the main chracter's sprite is missing

Julius posted on Aug 29 2005 at 02:29 PM said:
Shining Force is a great game btw, I never tried it before.

Be sure to play Shining Force 2, it's much better than the original IMO. But the first one is also good. You can also try Shining In The Darkness, which is the first "Shining" game, but VERY different in gameplay. All 3 work wonderfully on DrMD. =)

Personally I think Shining Force 2 is one of the best, if not THE best, games on Genesis. It's right up there with Advance Wars and Fire Emblem for good tactical strategy games, and it has some really nice RPG elements that kick it up a notch. I just wish there had been a Shining Force 3 for the Genesis. :)

First I would like to say a big thank-you to the developer for this masterpiece of emulator. DrMD (& MAME) are the reasons why I will never sell my GP32-BLU - even if I buy an GP2X soon :D . As soon as found a job I'll donate as a small thank-you to you guys.

Anyway the reason for my post here is the game "Advanced Daisenryaku" (aka Military Commander) which works almost fine with 3.0. There is just one tiny glitch which makes the game not much fun playing anymore.
If you want to move a unit there is no indicator (shadowed out hex-fields) how far you can move. I tryed it out with the old fgen-version and there it works fine - but without any sound which makes it boring. Anway it can't be much what causes this problem, because on fgen it works fine.

BTW: There is am English-ROM-Translation-Patch and an translated manual exsting for those who wana try out this excellent strategy-WWII-Game.

Thanks,

mr.white

Advanced Daisenryaku works fine in fGEN32 with the fog of war issue. A few others too like zombies ate my neighbors, and rings of power, and a couple of others I forget.

Oh also Afterburner 2 has graphic glitches but is fine in fGEN.

fine work reesy, am very much enjoying Shining Force right now.

Greetings from down under

frolik posted on Sep 6 2005 at 02:42 AM said:
Advanced Daisenryaku works fine in fGEN32 with the fog of war issue. A few others too like zombies ate my neighbors, and rings of power, and a couple of others I forget.

Oh also Afterburner 2 has graphic glitches but is fine in fGEN.

fine work reesy, am very much enjoying Shining Force right now.

Greetings from down under

Hi!

With the "fog of war" issue you mean the "shadow-overlay" which also indicates how far you can move and the view is? But there is no sound-fx with FGEN32 or do I have an wrong version.

I'm no developer but I think it's small thing in DrMD to correct is this - and perfection come closer and closer.

thanks,

mr.white

Back