Drill2x Xtreme V1.0

JyCet said:
fusion_power said:
Ok. :lol:

The Game needs an Puzzle mode I think. Goal is to make as many points as possible in an endless-Level. More points for destroying bigger Blocks etc... Bonus/ multiplicator or something for Chain reactions, special Blocks with special properties, I don't know. Just some thoughts that came me while playing. (Still not reached 1000m XD )

By the way, are the blocks generated randomly or have all Levels fixed block constellations?
Well the code is a little complicate to add your request ... and to add these features it need probably to recode some part of the game core which is already complicate :ph34r:

It's a mini Mr. Driller game :D

Yes, the blocks are generated randomly.

awww....a little line change in code here and a little struct there...and it will work, belive me! :lol:

The game looks really nice and very polished. When ED is on the Games Convention this Year, he should have this game to, on the playable GP2X at his Exhibition booth. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power said:
awww....a little line change in code here and a little struct there...and it will work, belive me! :lol:
Why not do it yourself then, it's open source :lol:

Alex. said:
fusion_power said:
Why not do it yourself then, it's open source :lol:

Because I have a great UN-talent for coding. ;) When you give me a month, maybe I could code a "Hello World" programm...MAYBE! :lol:
While years of learning coding language in School(s) I found out, that I absolutely have no talent for this. And belive me, I have tried it. ^^" So now I'm more on the GFX-line, it's not that cool compared to coding but better than nothing. :)

when i try to load this game on my gp2x f200, all i hear is a 'eeeee' sound then nothing heppens...someone please help me...

I also can't get it to work in my F-200. :(

Probably the sample frequency incompatibility? :huh:

It seem to use 22KHz frequency
drill_audio.c
CODE

md_mixfreq = 22100;

Yod4z said:
It seem to use 22KHz frequency
drill_audio.c
CODE

md_mixfreq = 22100;
anyway to make it workable on f200?

I think it also needs to be recompiled, as that's part of the source code.

Hi aware about this pb I'll try to change the frequency this week end, but I'm limited by mikmod library because I can use only :
11025Hz
22100Hz (and not 22050Hz)
44100Hz

So 22050 is not a valid value? I got libmikmod to play wav samples on both F100 and F200 at that frequency, although I did not try music playback. My batteries are dead so I can't try music playback at 22050 for a couple of hours.

Alex. said:
So 22050 is not a valid value? I got libmikmod to play wav samples on both F100 and F200 at that frequency, although I did not try music playback. My batteries are dead so I can't try music playback at 22050 for a couple of hours.
Curiously no 22050 is not the good value for mikmod:
CODE
UWORD md_mixfreq
Sound playback frequency, in hertz. High values yield high sound quality, but
need more computing power than lower values. The default value is 44100
Hz, which is compact disc quality. Other common values are 22100 Hz (radio
quality), 11025 Hz (phone quality), and 8000 Hz (mu-law quality).

I need to buy some new batterie because all of mine are died but I've quickly compiled 3 versions (11025HZ, 22100Hz, 44100Hz) to test with f200 here
http://rapidshare.com/files/86298309/drill...y_test.rar.html

:)

JyCet said:
I need to buy some new batterie because all of mine are died but I've quickly compiled 3 versions (11025HZ, 22100Hz, 44100Hz) to test with f200 here
http://rapidshare.com/files/86298309/drill...y_test.rar.html

I tested them in my F-200. Both 11,025Hz & 44,100Hz test versions are working properly; the 22,100Hz test version doesn't work.

Excellent game. Thanks to all the developers. :lol:

@ JyCet

22100 is no common sample rate and definity not supported with the F-200. "Radio Quality" is normaly defined 22050 Hz.

I tested the following frequencies with the F-200:

More info in this thread:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=40007

I can confirm, that the other 2 versions are working. Thanks, good work!

Regards,
Stephan

new option on drill.ini file will be good to set the need frequency

Back