Dreamcast Emu?

Khan said:
No need to freak out, Drkllraziel granted Adventus access to the lastest SVN, but don´t get so excited for an upcoming release ;) (as he pointed out several months ago, it´s a long-term project)

On a side note...

So, drkIIRaziel will be working on nullDC Embedded, and Adventus may as well.

All in all, good news B)

Last edited by a moderator:
typs lik dis said:
What is the Posted Image?
haha!! broke-ass board stripped it. Here's (a little late and no longer funny) round two
iu99Q.jpg

wrath of khan said:
yup dreamcast is my favourite console ever.it was great to have 128 games that kicked ass,before the ps2 got its stride.would be nice to have it on the pandy.especially for those who never experienced the dreamcast.(A dreamcast costs peanuts to buy and has tons of great games.)Buy one now.......

Well, considering sega has stopped making them on demand, they'll start to become more expensive as each year passes.

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
wrath of khan said:
yup dreamcast is my favourite console ever.it was great to have 128 games that kicked ass,before the ps2 got its stride.would be nice to have it on the pandy.especially for those who never experienced the dreamcast.(A dreamcast costs peanuts to buy and has tons of great games.)Buy one now.......

Well, considering sega has stopped making them on demand, they'll start to become more expensive as each year passes.

Not everything increases in value. The price of say, a Master System has stayed consistently low. I can pick one up for £1! Same goes for the value of the first Playstation (about £2-£5).

You can get a Dreamcast for about £10, and I don't see this changing any time soon. You know how much my last one cost? Nothing. It was from a local shop/ebay business, and they didn't think it was sellable... so I they just gave it to me.

The games on the other hand are a different matter. Apparently my copy of Rez is now worth £50, which doesn't matter to me as I'll never sell it.

Gruso said:

Tell me about it.

You following Child of Eden? It's the spiritual successor (Sega still own the Rez name I guess).

I'm hoping it has the same level of art as the original, as this seems to be mostly coloured blocks. Other stuff like the vibration 'track' are crucial too IMO.

Fuck, I miss old Sega. Everything was so fresh. :(

Not sure if the creatures in this trailer will make into the game.

Gruso said:
Oh, I've read about it but not watched any vids. I shall watch them, after posting this. While you're reading this, I'll be watching them. Crazy.

On a related note, there's a 360 disc floating about the shop-o-sphere that has some Q entertainment games on, including Rez HD.

It's £20, which is a bargain really (compared to what I paid for Rez on launch). It also seems to be limited stock... but probably worth a buy since I don't trust Xbox Live downloadable games to still be there when the machine is buried.

I've played Rez so many times... I can complete it in one sitting without being hit once. I think I'm better at games than I used to be :)

You know that bonus level that loops forever? Back in the day I played that for three hours straight (or more, I forget).

Weird experience, but recommended. It's like some form of hypnosis.

Yes.

Oh god... remember the first time you hit Area 5? When your brain adjusts to the new beat and your eyes take in the epic scenery? Amazing.

Fear is the mind Killer!

For anyone who has the Dreamcast version, check the manual. There's some weird poetry and other peices in there.

SomeGuy99 said:

So True. Remember Jet Set Radio?

Gruso said:

One of my favorite games of all time. I want the guy who made AudioSurf to make a Rez-style game that uses his engine to determine the enemy patterns and level design. :D

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
SomeGuy99 said:

Gruso said:

One of my favorite games of all time. I want the guy who made AudioSurf to make a Rez-style game that uses his engine to determine the enemy patterns and level design. :D

-God Ginrai

It's 2D, but the Space Invaders game on the Iphone does this...

It makes a scrolling shmup level with enemy patterns based on an MP3.

Jet Set Radio was amazingly fresh. I always thought it you combined Sega's ability to generate new worlds, characters and styles, and Nintendos thing for making games ewith good mechanics and polishing to perfection.... you would have the perfect game company.

I hope Sega go back into consoles before I get old and die.

SomeGuy99 said:
God Ginrai said:
SomeGuy99 said:

Gruso said:

-God Ginrai

It's 2D, but the Space Invaders game on the Iphone does this...

It makes a scrolling shmup level with enemy patterns based on an MP3.

Jet Set Radio was amazingly fresh. I always thought it you combined Sega's ability to generate new worlds, characters and styles, and Nintendos thing for making games ewith good mechanics and polishing to perfection.... you would have the perfect game company.

I hope Sega go back into consoles before I get old and die.

I thought that Sega was great at making mechanics up until the end of the Dreamcast era. The only exception is that the Sonic games sucked, (Starting on the Dreamcast) and I believe that is because key people in Sonic Team got replaced with people who didn't know what the fuck Sonic was about or how to make a good Sonic game.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
I thought that Sega was great at making mechanics up until the end of the Dreamcast era. The only exception is that the Sonic games sucked, (Starting on the Dreamcast) and I believe that is because key people in Sonic Team got replaced with people who didn't know what the fuck Sonic was about or how to make a good Sonic game.

-God Ginrai

Are you on about Sonic Adventure? Yeah, that was glitchy as hell and had patchy design. I still found it fun though, and persevered to the end. Sonic Adventure 2 was a complete mess.

SomeGuy99 said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai

Are you on about Sonic Adventure? Yeah, that was glitchy as hell and had patchy design. I still found it fun though, and persevered to the end. Sonic Adventure 2 was a complete mess.

IMHO, Sega Team has not made a good 3D Sonic Game. Sonic and the Secret Rings was... okay... but nothing spectacular. Sonic Unleashed was very promising, but left you wanting much more day levels and much less night levels. Things might have been different if Ofer Alon's version of Sonic Xtreme had made it to market, but sadly it didn't due to bad decision-making on the part of the higher ups; That was when Sonic started making a downwards spiral.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
SomeGuy99 said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai

IMHO, Sega Team has not made a good 3D Sonic Game. Sonic and the Secret Rings was... okay... but nothing spectacular. Sonic Unleashed was very promising, but left you wanting much more day levels and much less night levels. Things might have been different if Ofer Alon's version of Sonic Xtreme had made it to market, but sadly, that was when Sonic started making a downwards spiral.

-God Ginrai

Is it wrong that I liked all the secondary characters in SA? I even liked Big the Cat... of course, it's getting silly now.

SomeGuy99 said:
God Ginrai said:
SomeGuy99 said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai

IMHO, Sega Team has not made a good 3D Sonic Game. Sonic and the Secret Rings was... okay... but nothing spectacular. Sonic Unleashed was very promising, but left you wanting much more day levels and much less night levels. Things might have been different if Ofer Alon's version of Sonic Xtreme had made it to market, but sadly, that was when Sonic started making a downwards spiral.

-God Ginrai

Is it wrong that I liked all the secondary characters in SA? I even liked Big the Cat... of course, it's getting silly now.

Let's put it this way, the Sonic franchise already had enough new characters with Chaotix and SatAM. They didn't need to be adding new ones.

-God Ginrai

My Prediction: About a years time from now a Dreamcast Emulator for the Pandora will be mostly playable with 2-4 Frame-skip , no v-sync or other features and overtime it will get faster but not full speed most likely . Pandora 2 a couple years later when its ready will most likely have full speed emulation with v-sync and 0-1 v-sync. Anybody else with me on this one?

Back