dragon box, dragonbox, phew....

They shouldn't have been so bold in advertising... millions of people have in the pockets things that can do the same of that box...

In their pockets? I doubt you can find kodi in the apple store, and I'm also suspicious that google openly let it be in their store either. Or are you proposing because anyone can root their modern phone, they're capable?

Well technically it's some of the kodi plugins that specifically search for copyrighted material I guess. The only people I know still running kodi only ever use it for that, so in my mind it's become the program to do that in. I should have referred to those plugins rather than the core kodi itself.

In their pockets? I doubt you can find kodi in the apple store, and I'm also suspicious that google openly let it be in their store either. Or are you proposing because anyone can root their modern phone, they're capable?

I actually don't know what "apps" are there, but if it's streaming, there are surely like a million of methods that can be used to watch them, starting even from Chrome itself...

kodi is indeed not available anymore on the playstore. I am sure it was for quite a while though. I use kodi to play music/video from my NAS. The piracy related plugins are not available by default, you have to find a repository online that has them. I'd argue, that the software is meant for piracy as much as any browser or media player is... not at all. it is the users choice if they want to infringe copyrights. Dragon Box may include these plugins, but that is not how kodi is delivered. I think they deserve being sued, evenmore so because kodi has gotten a lot of bad press because of idiots like that.

Kodi is definitely available on the Android play store. I just installed it on my Shield TV. It's also now available on the Xbox One.

@frefol what really? I wasn't able to find it and I have a rooted phone. I know that I installed it on my transformer prime through the playstore though, but that was quite some time ago. so I thought they removed it.

hmm maybe it's geoblocked or not available for my droid 4 anymore. weird.

Well technically it's some of the kodi plugins that specifically search for copyrighted material I guess. The only people I know still running kodi only ever use it for that, so in my mind it's become the program to do that in. I should have referred to those plugins rather than the core kodi itself.

I use it, have a pi on each tv running it since it can access my sftp media server. Chromecast on the cheap!

Back