Dosbox For Gp2x 0.72-5

quasist said:
Is USB keyboard through cradle supported?

If SDL supports it then it will work. I think Senor Quack was going to add it in, I dont think it was added when he put in the touchscreen changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
quasist said:

If SDL supports it then it will work. I think Senor Quack was going to add it in, I dont think it was added when he put in the touchscreen changes.
It's added in, in fact I even have everything moved to SDL 1.2.13 if you are interested in trying that out, too ;) .. I don't have enough time before bed to get a binary to you though. I'll try to remember later today before work.

Senor Quack said:
Pickle said:
quasist said:

It's added in, in fact I even have everything moved to SDL 1.2.13 if you are interested in trying that out, too ;) .. I don't have enough time before bed to get a binary to you though. I'll try to remember later today before work.

No rush, I dont have my setup to compile a version with me this weekend. Is there any benefit by using 1.2.13 over the older version?

Pickle said:
No rush, I dont have my setup to compile a version with me this weekend. Is there any benefit by using 1.2.13 over the older version?
No, there's no benefit as far as I know (the main reason we moved up in versions is to allow dynamic linking for Open2X)

Here's a link to SDL 1.2.9 with my touchscreen stuff and new USB keyboard support:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zyylyyx51qn

So should I put core = dynamic on the config or is it still not supported? (I think I tried it and there was no difference)

Is there any speed improvement? Things seem to go slow. Maybe by disabling the sound but at how much cycles is the bottle neck? (some game almost play sound not bad at 512 cycles only but without sound I may get 1500 cycles to be ok as in the older version? Or can I go to 2048???)

Optimus said:
So should I put core = dynamic on the config or is it still not supported? (I think I tried it and there was no difference)

Yeah it should work and you should see a difference. Use either dynamic or auto. Make sure you using version 5 of gp2x dosbox

Optimus said:
Is there any speed improvement? Things seem to go slow. Maybe by disabling the sound but at how much cycles is the bottle neck? (some game almost play sound not bad at 512 cycles only but without sound I may get 1500 cycles to be ok as in the older version? Or can I go to 2048???)

What game are you trying to run? If its Sound blaster sound your better leaving it off. Your cycles dont have to power's of 2. I recommand mapping some key combo to the cycle up/down and change the setting from within the game.

Back