Dosbox 0.72-1 For Gp2x

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Im proud to announce dosbox for GP2X based on 0.72 ported by Pickle and Hitnrun.

Binary

Source

Features
Change for a high compabiltity with many games, no more crashes
Touchscreen support (in game mouse suppport)
Zoom feature (zoom in high resolution games showing the zoom in section at the native resolution)
OSD feature: see the cycles, frameskip, fps, and game exe name on screen
Fullscreen option: scale resolutions smaller than 320x240 to fit the screen (a must for touchscreen users)
No more SDL cursor
Profiled the code for a possible 20% increase in speed
And all the options you would expect from the previous releases

First READ the README that should have all info you need to use the new features.

A lot of credit goes to Hitnrun for the zoom, osd, fullscreen options and touchscreen fixe.

I hope everyone enjoy's this (Now all we need is a dynarec...)

Pickle said:
OMFG.

I will be testing this heavily over the next few days. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Trevor Bradley said:
Pickle said:
OMFG.

I will be testing this heavily over the next few days. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

there some threads under emulation a lot of games have already been tested.

happyfacepf1.gif

Thanks Pickle!

Can't talk, installing.

Pickle said:
Whoa... that's what I get for not paying attention to the emulation forums... :)

Trevor Bradley said:
Pickle said:
Whoa... that's what I get for not paying attention to the emulation forums... :)

Wow! So many nice releases in the past couple weeks! Thank you so much for taking the time to work on this. Testing it now. Very very awesome!

Pickle said:
Im proud to announce dosbox for GP2X based on 0.72 ported by Pickle and Hitnrun.
First READ the README that should have all info you need to use the new features.
Is there a virtual keyboard? Couldn't find any mention of one in the readme, and I don't have my F100 with me.

Virtual keyboard + touchscreen + running Arena/Daggerfall = buying an F200 :)

32Me said:
Pickle said:
Is there a virtual keyboard? Couldn't find any mention of one in the readme, and I don't have my F100 with me.

Virtual keyboard + touchscreen + running Arena/Daggerfall = buying an F200 :)

no virt keyboard. you can map keys to the buttons.Personally im waiting for pandora for full keyboard.

I just played some Prehistorik and Prehistorik 2... I am speechless! Terrific work Pickle and Hitnrun! :)

I tested a lot more games too, soon will post it.

I've been playing my Pinball Fantasies for too long now! :)

OK, this is great I just tried out XCOM1 UFO Defense and it loads! I downloaded the 1.4 patch and applied it. I disabled all sound to try to get a good first experience. I had problems with pointer accuracy until I turned the fullscreen option on (I imagine this would be fixed to allow unscaled usage of the touchscreen sometime in the future).

Unfortunately, once I enter the geoscape screen, I can move the cursor about by tapping here and there with the stylus, but no clicks are registered. I clicked fine before entering the Geoscape (you have to click a few buttons to enter the game). For the button mappings, I just copied the Duke1 example file (as I really have no clue how to configure it, it doesn't have any references to GP2X buttons, still confused there)

Anyway. thanks for the release, hope someone can help me out a bit.

Great work.

I'm not sure I'll use it much with all the configuring, but it's very cool and looking forward to seeing it on Pandora!

I threw this pic together as a quick reference for (basic) button mapping, if anyone's interested!

NOTE: Pic has been updated, keys 111 & 112 (X and Y) were swapped... oops. My info came straight from the wiki, which is incorrect.

Gruso said:
I threw this pic together as a quick reference
Nice! Thanks for that - beats the text one I did for the other dosbox thread :)

Hopefully, this new release will see a few more working configs uploaded to the DOSBox Configs area of the file archive at http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,63

(Which reminds me, I should update those games for touchscreen support! How do I upload a replacement file, so that there are not two versions sitting in one area of the file archive?)

I am wondering about speed and what can be a little playable?

How about demos? I once tried something with the old version but could hardly run some 286 demos and the music was never right. I tried 8088 and 286 and even 386 demos that were very slow if they ran at all.

Maybe I would do a zip or a torrent for several old demos in dosbox for GP2X in a good ready package with configs and release it soon..

Gruso said:
I threw this pic together as a quick reference for (basic) button mapping, if anyone's interested!

http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=g...00keymapxo6.jpg

Awesome, thank you! I used Streak's app (thank you Streak) until now, but this will make things speedier :)

Off to try Titus the Fox, King's Bounty, Shadow Knights, and Dangerous Dave, thanks again Pickle and Hitnrun!

Wow... very impressive stuff. :D

I first tried out "Heroes of Might and Magic". It worked, but unfortunately the touchscreen seems to be unresponsive and inaccurate, and the game is also lagging. I haven't really tried configuring the settings, so it could be because of that; this is after all my first time using this program. :p

As a consolation, I did manage to get "King's Bounty" to work and be fully playable. :lol:

Thank you very much for this great app.

Back