Dosbox 0.72-1 For Gp2x

Skutarth said:
I hadn't thought about it until now, but would it be better to not create the backups?
On one hand, the mapper files are tiny to begin with.
On the other hand, the backup files sure can get messy.
Maybe make it optional?
Another thing to consider with the addition of the virtual keyaboard a list of mappings is needed. Its mainly a selection of mappings from the default mapper. I dont know if those are in the mapper if this application would change some of them by mistake. I dont know how you can avoid it, maybe if the Vk mappings are present the user just has to not add them, or if they are change them manually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
Skutarth said:
I hadn't thought about it until now, but would it be better to not create the backups?
Maybe make it optional?
Another thing to consider with the addition of the virtual keyaboard a list of mappings is needed. Its mainly a selection of mappings from the default mapper. I dont know if those are in the mapper if this application would change some of them by mistake. I dont know how you can avoid it, maybe if the Vk mappings are present the user just has to not add them, or if they are change them manually.

Concerning the mappings, if any of the keys are above 255, the file is assumed to be up to date.
Thus, if you created it for the new version, it most likely won't modify it. And if you're converting the mappers from older versions (what this program is for), then the mapper files won't have any keys above 255 anyway.
That's if I'm not mistaken, of course.

You should try it out and see if there are any problems. Post again when you get the chance.

And it might be pretty hard to add an option for the backup files. As it is, I have it set up so it will easily catch any paths that have spaces in them (the space is obviously the delimiter for the arguments, and I'm pretty sure it can't be changed).
In other words, I could do it, but it sure would be a pain.
You might as well just do a search for "mapper.txt.bak" in Windows XP, for example, and select them all to delete them.

Skutarth said:
Pickle said:
Skutarth said:
Maybe make it optional?

Concerning the mappings, if any of the keys are above 255, the file is assumed to be up to date.
Thus, if you created it for the new version, it most likely won't modify it. And if you're converting the mappers from older versions (what this program is for), then the mapper files won't have any keys above 255 anyway.
That's if I'm not mistaken, of course.

You should try it out and see if there are any problems. Post again when you get the chance.

And it might be pretty hard to add an option for the backup files. As it is, I have it set up so it will easily catch any paths that have spaces in them (the space is obviously the delimiter for the arguments, and I'm pretty sure it can't be changed).
In other words, I could do it, but it sure would be a pain.
You might as well just do a search for "mapper.txt.bak" in Windows XP, for example, and select them all to delete them.

lets not worry about it, if someone has the VK mappings and they get messed up they can just copy paste from the example im going to provide with the release.

Looking good, but I didn't get mentioned in the "Thanks" section of the readme.
Sad face.

Skutarth said:
Sad face.
Sorry about that, it was late last night and I was really trying to get it out. I did remember to put in you the readme for the converter. Hopfully that counts for something :rolleyes:

Pickle said:
Skutarth said:
Sad face.
Sorry about that, it was late last night and I was really trying to get it out. I did remember to put in you the readme for the converter. Hopfully that counts for something :rolleyes:

It does. But I'll still whine about not being thanked in the main readme. After all, I did give permission to include my updater.

Concerning the mouse emulation (via joystick): What does hand_mousetog do? The mouse seems to always be on for me.
What I assume it should do is toggle on whether or not the joystick moves the mouse and disable any actions the joystick might normally have.

Skutarth said:
Pickle said:
Skutarth said:
Sad face.

It does. But I'll still whine about not being thanked in the main readme. After all, I did give permission to include my updater.

Concerning the mouse emulation (via joystick): What does hand_mousetog do? The mouse seems to always be on for me.
What I assume it should do is toggle on whether or not the joystick moves the mouse and disable any actions the joystick might normally have.
answered question in new thread

Hey folks, what settings do people use for 'Alone In The Dark 1'?

:)

Back