Release DosBox EX - Ultimate

Requested feature: the ability to access another game's "sandbox" perhaps as another logical drive letter. This would allow you to import save games from the previous game in a series (usually RPGs do this).

For example, if I'm playing Buck Rogers: Matrix Cubed, and want to import my characters from Countdown to Doomsday, I can't currently do that (without installing both games as one "game", but then they share a screenshot, manual, etc.).

I'd recommend having an option to install up to two 'Related Games' that could be accessed as F: and G: (or some equivocal designation). Thus, they could be their own game directories in the GUI and launched independently, but also have their data accessed by a related game when necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution:

- run first game and copy saves from first game to E: drive using DosNavigator

- run second game and copy saves from E: drive to second game directory using DosNavigator

- Done :D

This is what i usually done with Ishar I and II :D

Thanks, but I'll stick to my original workaround (multiple games as one "game") then. Some of the SSI games use similar save extensions, so they cause issues if used from the same directory during an import.

Hola, tnx a lot for this wonderfull app, finally all my dos games run smoothly.

Question, i have window set to original in the settings, and the resolution set to 640x480, the games are now neatly stretched to the sides, but not to the top and the bottom, because of that i have black bars on the top and bottom of the screen.

Is there any way to stretch the picture completely fullscreen?

How are you good people able to play any other of the DOSBOX games other than the 5 already installed?? I ask this with all due respect.

I have literally spent 4 hours trying to download and install a game on this emulator. It seems I get close but I just do not get the language or procedure.I do not get what path to choose. I never played these games when I was younger. Intro or mount tells me nothing and that is all I seem to be able to input to get any info which then I do not comprehend due to my ignorance.

I tried Tempest,Wolf3d,Elvira and Doom. Got the ATARI intro screen with Tempest and almost shit my knickers!! The other the DOXBOX opening window then a black screen. 

The most difficult emulator for me ever. At least there are 5 playable games and I am thankful for that. Really I am because they are fun games. I really enjoy the ROBBO one.

I know this is not support and don't expect any. It just is sooooo frustrating and I have tried so hard and read all I could. My head aches and my eyes throb . Pity pity pity .

Sorry I had to vent.

Last edited:
(You are where I am with the Spectrum and the Amiga :D = two "projects" that are still in front of me, since it would require a little more willingness for me to learn, since I had neither back then)

As for installing old DOS games, I have always copied my older HDs over to the newer one each generation change so i still had them all (or most) like back then and copied the folders over to the SD card. Made the experiecne that CDs inside a cupboard do not suffer from aging but magnetic discs do :( Disappointment was 1 non running disc (3.5 inch) of Indiana Jones...

Maybe you are best served with the Apogee games from the Repo? Since I understand you can just get them from there for like 3 USD and use them.

Question, i have window set to original in the settings, and the resolution set to 640x480, the games are now neatly stretched to the sides, but not to the top and the bottom, because of that i have black bars on the top and bottom of the screen.

Yes LTrigger+Enter

BTW. Please check ABOUT window - keys shortcuts :D

How are you good people able to play any other of the DOSBOX games other than the 5 already installed?? I ask this with all due respect.

I have literally spent 4 hours trying to download and install a game on this emulator. It seems I get close but I just do not get the language or procedure.I do not get what path to choose. I never played these games when I was younger. Intro or mount tells me nothing and that is all I seem to be able to input to get any info which then I do not comprehend due to my ignorance.

I tried Tempest,Wolf3d,Elvira and Doom. Got the ATARI intro screen with Tempest and almost shit my knickers!! The other the DOXBOX opening window then a black screen. 

The most difficult emulator for me ever. At least there are 5 playable games and I am thankful for that. Really I am because they are fun games. I really enjoy the ROBBO one.

I know this is not support and don't expect any. It just is sooooo frustrating and I have tried so hard and read all I could. My head aches and my eyes throb . Pity pity pity .

Sorry I had to vent.

For example:

Method One:

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/15011-game-installers-for-dosbox-ex-ultimate/URL]

Method Two:

Copy game dir of your choose to [example] /mnt/utmp/dosbox-ex-ura/roms/ and re-scan directory [set up dosbox configuration > click close (this will trigger re-scan dir..)] then configure executables with [setup game configuration] and fuinally [Play Game]..

Easy..

Solution:

- run first game and copy saves from first game to E: drive using DosNavigator

- run second game and copy saves from E: drive to second game directory using DosNavigator

- Done :D

This is what i usually done with Ishar I and II :D
Thanks, but I'll stick to my original workaround (multiple games as one "game") then. Some of the SSI games use similar save extensions, so they cause issues if used from the same directory during an import.
You can create a subdirectory and copy the save games there instead of the main directory.

Yes LTrigger+Enter

Hi Commander Beef, tnx a lot for replying, i had tried Ltrigger + Enter before, but it made the game windowed, instead of stretching it full screen, is that supposed to happen?

Yes LTrigger+Enter

Hi Commander Beef, tnx a lot for replying, i had tried Ltrigger + Enter before, but it made the game windowed, instead of stretching it full screen, is that supposed to happen?
Use Standard DosBox EX + Touchscreen version 

Solution:- run first game and copy saves from first game to E: drive using DosNavigator- run second game and copy saves from E: drive to second game directory using DosNavigator- Done :D  This is what i usually done with Ishar I and II :D
You can create a subdirectory and copy the save games there instead of the main directory.
Yeah, that will work. Thanks!

Yes LTrigger+Enter

Use Standard DosBox EX + Touchscreen version 
Tnx, i wil give that a try

A major update:

Feats:

- Completely new program called DosBox EX - Downloader where you can download many games from dosbox ex repo [server space was given by ED on openpandora.org, Thanks ED..]. Its not only downloader , it also installs games directly to DosBox EX , and you dont need to configure anything now.

Just fire up Downloader, download few games and re-run DosBox EX [or re-scan directory with games in DosBox EX Setup Config ]. Im sure DosBox EX is easier to run+play than any other emulator out there, now.. 

BTW. On start DosBox EX Downloader needs active internet connection to download new database.. 

Screens:

6f859e1144aa8f24fdea21c3fd184385.png

a7b1df57e32f67ea5374a820a47876dc.png

Download:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=dosbox-ex-app

Cheers..

When you find some Problematic running Games,can i maybe try them in Qemu whan you want ;)

I must try your Installer,it look realy realy easy :)

Back