Donskeeto's Cave Copter (gp2x Port)

A_SN

Hi, I'm A_SN. You may remember me from such games as Run Hitler, Run! and.. err..

Anyways, I just ported Donskeeto's old GP32 game, Cave Copter, to the GP2X and to Windows and Linux, and so here's the GP2X binary

cavecopter.PNG

Don't look for a readme file, this game doesn't need one as it's only played with the A button (who reads those anyways?), and don't look for an exit button either, no-one could be arsed to implement that.

I ported this game in one afternoon only while making it work perfectly with SDL on PC builds and without SDL on the GP2X all in the same code so feel free to comment on how awesome I am. Thanks.

PS : I'd like to give a non-shout out to Mirko for his sloppy coding of the MirkoSDK, I mean come on, who on Earth checks at every pixel whether or not the pixel is on-screen?

Excellent! I've been waiting for this game ever since the gp2x came out. Nicely done, your awesome, dude!

(yes, Mirko was a sloppy coder)

AWWWWEEEESSSOOOMMMME

The spartan joy that is.. cavecopter. The only thing more terrifying than flying a copter through a cave is porting a program by donskeeto

Downloading the final version now, good work A_SN.

edit:

OK, there really is no way to exit, that actually wan't a joke, folks. Someone needs to hack that in along with a high score list. Shouldn't be too hard I might even do it if noone gets around to it and I get bored of porting UQM 0.6.1

Sweet, a rant and a free game all in the same thread :)

PS: Here's an icon,
cavecopterpv4.png

Indeed addictive stuff. Thanks for the port and Donskeeto for making it in the first place :)

halo9 said:
run hitler run! was awesome.
I know, thanks ;) I still don't understand how it could not win hands down the Crap Games Compo!

Last edited by a moderator:
zacaj said:
How do you compile?
For the GP2X : gcc caveheli.c -o cavecopter.gpe -DGP2X
For Windows/Linux/Mac OS X : gcc caveheli.c -o cavecopter `sdl-config --cflags --libs`

rokdcasbah said:
sponge blob sent me an email, he's sad, was mumbling something about eli the lamma...
lol, yeah but for some reason I'd rather be remembered for Run Hitler, Run!

Back