Donation Of Gp2x Valuepack

screemo

Still Fresh
Hi There,

I would like to donate a GP2X Valuepack :gp2x to someone in need (developer, or the like).

This console was bought a month ago, and have only been used twice; comes with all accessories etc.

The reason for my giving it away is that I don't use it, since I have a few other consoles that are more to my taste.

Anyway, I just thought it might be of some good use to someone out there, instead of it just collecting dust.

Write me a small note why you should have it, and I will determine who needs it most and send it your way.

PS: If someone finds the above inappropriate for this forum, then I'm sorry, this was the first place I found to post this message :unsure:

Sincerely,
Stefan

Send it to Matthew Smith!

Imagine that. And he said he wanted one!

lubidog said:
Send it to Matthew Smith!

Imagine that. And he said he wanted one!
Matthew Smith, what is his nick ?

Last edited by a moderator:
His nick is 'kevcal'....
Errrr okay it's not :)
I use my son's gp2x, so have no need (he's forgotten about it)

Actually he's 'Dawg' apparently... not a dev though.

<community selfish mode on>There must be some dev who would get best use from this??

wow its a shame to be losing someone like you :( but i agree with dosteridge exophase has done alot on the dev scene but he might of got his fixed :huh:

Matthew Smith's the developer of Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy, he's not on these boards. I thought he already one though (?) because he showed interest on developing for the gp2x.

I thought fife was a long ways from being complete and was already suffering from a lack of developers. Maybe we shouldn't pester them until they have something more complete.

Ravnos said:
I thought fife was a long ways from being complete and was already suffering from a lack of developers. Maybe we shouldn't pester them until they have something more complete.
I just check the fifi web page and they have a stable release for download

Thats a great thing to do Mr. ^^ i don't know any devs or coders, but it's a great gift ^^.

If you have problems to pay the transport costs, ask me for it, i can send you it trough paypal.
just find a good winner ^^.

dosteridge said:
What about Exophase, did he get his repaired?

A very nice thing to do stefan :)
No, but it's okay, it's just a minor inconvenience having to shuffle things to NAND.

You guys are really nice, what with the sending GP2X's.

EDIT: All this talk about not sending it off, no I don't want to package it, ship it, and go without one for however many days just to find out that I broke it in the first place when trying to bend the pin back myself :p (although the pin seems fine)

lawndart said:
Ravnos said:
I just check the fifi web page and they have a stable release for download

I haven't checked it for months, last time I looked things seemed kind of shakey. Good to know that's not the case, it's a cool project.

_StefanS_ said:
Hi There,

I would like to donate a GP2X Valuepack :gp2x to someone in need (developer, or the like).

This console was bought a month ago, and have only been used twice; comes with all accessories etc.

The reason for my giving it away is that I don't use it, since I have a few other consoles that are more to my taste.

Anyway, I just thought it might be of some good use to someone out there, instead of it just collecting dust.

Write me a small note why you should have it, and I will determine who needs it most and send it your way.

PS: If someone finds the above inappropriate for this forum, then I'm sorry, this was the first place I found to post this message :unsure:

Sincerely,
Stefan
Maybe we should give it for some kind of prize for some compo or something. You could send it to me, I could D-pad mod it, then give it to some dev that we agree should get it.

clone said:
Whoever gets 4th place at GBAX07, maybe?
(or maybe you were planning on an official DaveC coding competition :D)
Now that's an idea, you can only win if you fulfill DaveCs strict expectations.

Back