Donation Drive Feb 2013! - Let's clear out EDs batches (to help ED, craig and the investors).

ShleeDragon

Pro-Catflip
Hey,

ED has 57~ pandoras left in his original batches.... I'm going to give ED some money to try and help to get these 50 rebirth Pandora's out of the door.... This will be a landmark event for the Openpandora.

Obviously Craig will continue to work towards his queue with EDs help... but getting ED stable and hopefully towards being cash positive is a great and archiveable goal.

So yeah..  PAYPAL and stuff

Join me.. donate some money and post in here.. spread the word :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Would buying a Pandora directly from EvilDragon help this any more than buying from the shop in the U.S.?

Would buying a Pandora directly from EvilDragon help this any more than buying from the shop in the U.S.?
Yes and no.

Link makes a bit of profit from the sold units himself, so I get a bit less from the order.

But he also does repairs for me, so that saves me shipping costs.

Well, next month I may be able to do a little something, not that I'm much inclined to help Craig, who I feel doesn't deserve it...but ED does. And the people waiting do.

In case anyone's concerned, as a UK-based Pandorian I can confirm that if you order from ED you should still get your Pandora in good order, and receive at least the same level of support as if you'd ordered from a shop down the road, even if you should live in deepest darkest Newcastleshire.

One of the best things I ever did was upgrading and switching my order to ED's shop. More power to him!

Planning on trading in one of my Pandora original models for a 1 ghz upgrade soon.  That still helps right?  

Planning on trading in one of my Pandora original models for a 1 ghz upgrade soon.  That still helps right?  
Yes, it does :)

For anyone who is planning to donate:

I'll add some goodies to the shop (like fully populated but non-working Pandora PCBs), which you can then order.

It's like a thank you you can keep for your donation (I can also sign it, if you want).

I'm currently counting down to payday (finally moved into my own place - moving is expensive it seems)

I've been chipping every month for a while though and will continue to do so until we can get this queue cleared!

I'll add some goodies to the shop (like fully populated but non-working Pandora PCBs), which you can then order.

It's like a thank you you can keep for your donation (I can also sign it, if you want).
Sounds like a really good idea, those signed PCBs could make a real interesting ornament.

Another idea to generate donations : Sell a 16GB SD Card with a nice Pandora Logo (printed on the card or added with a sticker) and a pre installed Pandora multiboot environment (Standard OS + Slackware + etc.) Popular PNDs are preinstalled + data directories for roms etc are pre configured.

This card could be sold at the cost of the card + additional optional donation amount.

The image of the card could also be made downloadable (also with the option to donate). Such an image would be a huge boon to new Pandora users + would also probably be seen as a attractive feature in the eyes of a Pandora system reviewer.

How much for a broken board?

I spent around 350€ (250€ last year and 100€ for competition, but competition price money not updated  :unsure:   ).

Thomas

Yes, it does :)

I have two Pandoras.  My original CC unit and a 1Ghz, both are working.

I've kept my CC unit around in case I need spare parts for the 1Ghz some day - that and the first batch sticker.

If I sent you (donated) my working CC motherboard, would it be any good to you for unit repair stock or the like?

If so, please post reply post with the address I should send it (just the motherboard) to.

Thank you.

Note - I follow ESD preention standards and will package in an anti-static bag.  No point in frying it then paying shipping to get it to you.

Grench said:
If I sent you (donated) my working CC motherboard, would it be any good to you for unit repair stock or the like?
ED could sell it and use the money for clearing the queue

Back