Do you smoke? <Revisited>

Do you smoke?

• Total voters

Haven't smoked in 6 years and haven't touched alcohol in 3.

Partially because I prefer to spend my money on videogames and partially because of my social anxiety and I don't like going outside to purchase them.

Interesting, the social anxiety. I personally don't like going out in public places and it appears to be getting worse as the years pass. My fear is it will evolve into a total separation from the outside world someday.

Is that in anyway similar to your experience? Or did a certain event keep you from partaking in public settings?

“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.”

Jiddu Krishnamurti
309618443_640.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love to sit outside on a nice day and puff on my pipe and read or just contemplate . I think its a lost art , and a great way to just slow down and destress. oh and was it you klumpen that smoked a pipe too? If so what tobaccos did you enjoy? One of my favorites is McClelland - Vanilla Black Cavendish . I have tried Dunhills Nightcap which is a really full english blend but I think I like the aromatics better..

When I'm on top of a white mountain with my snowboard, I feel the urge to stay there a bit, smoking something (that you have not listed) while looking at the trees and valley... it's always awesome, all the hurry of the city life goes away and I feel free

It doesn't work the same without the smoke...

I love to sit outside on a nice day and puff on my pipe and read or just contemplate . I think its a lost art , and a great way to just slow down and destress. oh and was it you klumpen that smoked a pipe too? If so what tobaccos did you enjoy? One of my favorites is McClelland - Vanilla Black Cavendish . I have tried Dunhills Nightcap which is a really full english blend but I think I like the aromatics better..

Yeah, it was me, since I was 18 actually. I can't do this very often anymore due to the intense dust my throat gets at work already.
I've tested over 30 different tobaccos over the years, but I'm always coming back to Dannemann - Sweet Mango although I've encountered a bad year of this one too and it costs exactly twice as much as it did when I started.
The best aside from this one is imho W.O. Larsen - 1864. Not the cheapest but damn good.
I'm not so much into the vanilla blends although Danish Black Vanilla was my favourite of those, I think. My first pipe tobacco was a quite strong one (Rattray's Marlin Flake) which tasted of turf and nut.
The worst one I've ever had was some "Sweet Cherry" that was gifted to me. I had to trash most of it since it was so disgusting and even gave me a headache.
I like my tobacco at a quite high level of humidity so that it doesn't "scratch" so much and usually add a few drops of water the evening before I plan to have a longer reading session in a park the next day if it has completely dried out.
Haven't smoked in months though and had a pause of years before that.

I actually have a neat standing pipe/pot for one to three people (with tubes, but no shisha) too, but don't know other pipe smokers so it never gets used.
My standard pipe is a custom combination of a (nowadays rare) strawberry shaped bowl and a Stanwell mouthpiece for reading.

Those are mine:

Last edited:
whoa nice, the first pic looks like a churchwarden. For now I just use Meershaum cob pipes but I would like to get a nice briar soon. I just ordered the following tobaccos from the US - C&D's Autumn evening, Sutliffs Vanilla Custard, Out of office - Gone fishin and Scotties candy corn. 200grams  for $25, so much cheaper than here in Canada. Sometime I would like to try some that you named and maybe some more english blends.

Well then, I have two Kangertech EVOD 2 Batteries with a Kangertech Aerotank mini on one and the regular EVOD tank on the other. I am currently looking into getting a Kanger SubBox which uses an 18650 battery as opposed to the little lithium cells in my current ones. :D

I have done a lot of research on the subject, so here it goes. There are people on both sides of this issue. Some say that they are harmful or even worse than smoking an actual cigarette and some say that they are much much better for you because of the lack of chemicals used on the tobacco leaf itself in the cigarette making process. I believe this side of the argument. Yes nicotine is addictive and considered "Toxic" to some, but I don't believe nicotine itself will kill you. If you have a heart condition it can cause problems because it makes your veins constrict, making your heart work harder but if you're a healthy person it has little to no effect on your health. Now as for the E-Liquid, this can be another story. Do your research on the E-Liquid or "juice" you want to get. Mine is actually made locally by hand. I was buying it online cheaper but noticed it was thinner and found out it was diluted with water so I was going through it very quickly. I also found out it was made in china which didn't sit well with me. I support local business so I pressed on to find another source for my juice. I use Little Devil E-Liquid exclusively because it is made less than 5 miles from my home and I have seen how it is made. I feel very good about this juice. He may ship it to you as well, never checked on his shipping charges. Another noteworthy fact is that good juice is made from propylene glycol, which is completely harmless! My son has asthma and all of his medicine contains, guess what, propylene glycol. The main ingredients in a hand made juice is propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, which gives it some consistency, flavoring, and in some cases, not most anymore they add food grade coloring to distinguish flavors. Sorry for the rambling, any other questions feel free to ask. Here is the equipment I am using

kanger-evod-starter-kit.jpg

Evod Starter with tank
KRAET-KMI-2.jpg

And my Aerotank Mini I am using now on the EVOD battery

:D I "Vape" too. Liquids only made in Germany and 100% only PG and VG and H2O.
About the dangers... hmm I am not sure, some say that others that... it is difficult. But at least you don´t stink and you have no tar etc.

My setup is a bit .. well I did spend way to much Money..
1 x Joytech eGo one mini (Self made Coil Stainless Steel 0,5 ohm) (Started with this one, but since the fire button is bullshit here I bought some new things...)
1 x Kanger Subtank Mini V1 with an Eleaf TC 40Watt and self made Titanium coil with 0,3 Ohm (very nice and smooth combo)
1 x Smok TFV4 with dual Coil RTA (0,12 Ohm Stainless Steel) on a wismec reuleaux rx200 (200Watt) (Like a personal fog machine)

Started with that and never even thought about normal cigarettes anymore. Smoked for 24 Years so that is quite good.

I forgot to mention. I am working on getting a Kanger Subtank. Heard a lot of positive feedback from them so I want to get one. I cant wait!

I don't smoke but I've seen the electronic cigarettes.

Maybe some of you does know the answer to my question:
Do electronic cigarettes cause electrosmog ? ;)

Back