Directory Structure Problems With M.a.m.e

Spoonfeeder

Still Fresh
Hi

Am having directory structure problems - only trying out one game (mr do), as I understand these roms, are suitable for version o.34 final-- - but the emulator only boots up to the front end screen of GP mame 32, but doesn show game title???

Can someone help with a suitable directory structure???

I have at the mo - GPMM/MAME34/MRDO

Do the roms have to be unzipped????

Any help greatly appreciated - tearing my hair out as wanna play Mr Do on train.

Thanks

Adam

the files need to be zipped. you should put the zipped rom in the MAME034 folder.

it should be like this GPMM/MAME034/MRDO.zip

djchk posted on Mar 20 2005 at 01:35 PM said:
the files need to be zipped. you should put the zipped rom in the MAME034 folder.

it should be like this GPMM/MAME034/MRDO.zip

have tried this thanks!! - but still i have the blank front-end screen - no game titles whatsoever...should the game titles display anyway??? whether or not you have the roms in place???? thanx adam

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoonfeeder posted on Mar 20 2005 at 04:43 AM said:
Hi

Am having directory structure problems - only trying out one game (mr do), as I understand these roms, are suitable for version o.34 final-- - but the emulator only boots up to the front end screen of GP mame 32, but doesn show game title???

Any help greatly appreciated - tearing my hair out as wanna play Mr Do on train.

Thanks

Adam

Yoy say you have a folder MAME34. Try MAME034.

alyinsanfran posted on Mar 20 2005 at 08:30 PM said:
Hi

Thanks

Adam

alyinsanfran posted on Mar 20 2005 at 08:30 PM said:
Hi

Thanks

Adam

Hi All, thanks for help, it seemed after down loading latest version of mame(1.1)...it worked as this contained all the fxe. executables...that was missing on me first vershy.!!!! Still learning......

The readme.txt really did have most of the main stuff you need to look at

If you have problems playing games on MAME (eg theyre failling to load up) then let me know

Back