Did Nand Memory? 2.0

DeathSoul

Still Fresh
I never checked my nand before did it ever have stuff in it before 2.0???

vektar is in there now.
and copy right laws and stuff.

There wasn't any stuff in /mnt/nand in 1.4 and earlier.

However, there has always been stuff on the NAND, otherwise the GP2X wouldn't work.

There were and are the OS and the skins, but I guess the free space wasn't accessible so easily before 2.0 came out. I assume it's just on another partition so you don't accidentally brick your GP2X when deleting stuff from the NAND ;D.

No, it's on the same partition, just in the directory /mnt/nand. Everything in there is visible in the file selector and over normal USB.

How do you even get to vektar on the nand? I assume you need to go into settings and turn on the setting that says mount nand at boot. I've turned that on, but still see nothing in the nand in the file explorer or the games selection. Hmmm.

igboo

igboo posted on Apr 29 2006 at 10:40 PM said:
How do you even get to vektar on the nand? I assume you need to go into settings and turn on the setting that says mount nand at boot. I've turned that on, but still see nothing in the nand in the file explorer or the games selection. Hmmm.

igboo

Then you probably formatted the NAND in the settings dialogue after upgrading...

Last edited:
"mount nand on boot" seems to do exactly that - slows down the bootup time. With that setting disabled, it seems to only bother mounting the nand as and when you need it, which means quicker boot times :)

Ya, it takes 2 seconds to access nand (only once per power-on) when trying to access the nand for the first time in either of the many app menus. Just keep it off, you dont need to mount it. It can mount later.

EvilDragon posted on Apr 29 2006 at 05:56 PM said:
igboo posted on Apr 29 2006 at 10:40 PM said:

igboo

Then you probably formatted the NAND in the settings dialogue after upgrading...

I made sure that I didn't activate the format option.

I didn't even go looking for these options until after trying to use file explorer to see what was in the NAND after reading about the copy of Vektar that's supposed to be there. Then I started checking out the settings.

I upgraded to 2.0 from open2x. Does the fact that the NAND was write protected before the upgrade to 2.o make a difference?

igboo

Last edited by a moderator:
Back