I Formated The Nand....but Still Works

Cervante

PS3 ID: Cervante1
Website
Visit site
when I received my GP2X, the NAND was full of junk (Vektar demo, payback demo,linux .txt files) I formatted and all that info is gone (I dont miss it) my gp2x still works but is Formatting the NAND safe?

Cervante posted on Sep 23 2006 at 01:06 AM said:
when I received my GP2X, the NAND was full of junk (Vektar demo, payback demo,linux .txt files) I formatted and all that info is gone (I dont miss it) my gp2x still works but is Formatting the NAND safe?
You can only format the partition that is user writable. Firmware-installed files are on another one that isn't normally accessible. So yes, it's fine to format the user area of the NAND.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be a bit dangerous if formatting the NAND and therefore bricking the gp2x would be so straightforward ;)

As said, it just formats the user area, so Vektar and Payback demo (or was it Paycheck <g>) should be gone now.

Not really any point to format it, which I'm sure you didn't do and are mixing terms. You can just delete the stuff that you don't want...

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 23 2006 at 08:04 PM said:
payback demo....junk???

:blink: Its a movie, I bought gp2x to play not to run payback demo movie..Sit back..relax and say "aahh thats a good demo vid" lol

Cervante posted on Sep 23 2006 at 10:06 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 23 2006 at 08:04 PM said:
payback demo....junk???

:blink: Its a movie, I bought gp2x to play not to run payback demo movie..Sit back..relax and say "aahh thats a good demo vid" lol

..thats why I bought mine, I haven't done anything else and have put a good 500+ hours into my gp2x...PAYBACK FOR LIFE

One thing I don't understand.
"I Formated The Nand....but Still Works" Were you hoping it would turn your 2x into a brick?

sand_man posted on Sep 24 2006 at 03:51 AM said:
"I Formated The Nand....but Still Works" Were you hoping it would turn your 2x into a brick?

as dumb as this may sound, I like to break things , then find out how to fix...I like troubleshooting problems

lol... allright.

[troubleshooting challenge]Try the famous gp32 "freezer" overclock mod on the gp2x. You can find it in the lol files. It`s simple, just put your gp2x into the freezer after putting it into a ziplock. Then after leaving it in for a while, see if you can overclock further or if you just turned it into a shit-brick.
[/troubleshooting challenge]

I am looking forward to see your results, and how you will fix it...

Cervante posted on Sep 24 2006 at 05:55 PM said:

as dumb as this may sound, I like to break things , then find out how to fix...I like troubleshooting problems

And for my next trick, I'm gonna have a rabbit pull my gp2x out of a hat...

FILLED WITH ACID!!! :lol:

EvilDragon posted on Sep 23 2006 at 10:52 AM said:
Would be a bit dangerous if formatting the NAND and therefore bricking the gp2x would be so straightforward ;)

As said, it just formats the user area, so Vektar and Payback demo (or was it Paycheck <g>) should be gone now.
LOL. That T3 thing was great.

Cervante posted on Sep 25 2006 at 02:25 AM said:

Ever tried breaking your own leg and then troubleshooting it? ;)

Back