Development Sdk And Emulator?

As far as I've read the SGX drivers are only available for kdrive, not for the plain framebuffer. That would mean that kdrive runs all the time, just the interface on top of it changes.

sindbad said:
As far as I've read the SGX drivers are only available for kdrive, not for the plain framebuffer. That would mean that kdrive runs all the time, just the interface on top of it changes.

You mean that *will* be the case. The current beta drivers use the FB if I understood correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
sindbad said:

I've run several SGX-accelerated 3D demos without X even installed, so that suggests they work just fine for the plain frame buffer.

Laurent said:
Also I have provided patches for some ARMv6 instructions that were wrong, which probably would help n8x0 emulation.
Just want to say, it's good to have folks like you around here. Your work is much appreciated, even if you don't receive comments saying so. :)

I was going to write that it will run gmenu in kdrive, because I thought ED said so earlier, but then I found this (quote below) so I guess they've changed their mind, anyway it will not be hard to start up kdrive for the apps that need it.

EvilDragon said:
gmenu will be the default launcher in SIMPLE MODE.

In fully desktop mode, it starts kdrive (an XServer) with Windows, etc.
That's Angström ;)
EDIT: added this:

Pandora can run X-server via KDrive. Whether this is the case for both the simple and advanced modes of operation is unknown, but the advanced version certainly uses X-server. I would imagine the simple one would too for the simple reason that it would be daft to make it incompatible with apps compatible with the advanced mode.

Good point, even though it wouldn't make them unrunnable, but they would have to start up X every time, so the loadingtime would be longer.

I hope that kdrive will be on by default because of the reason you mentioned, and to be able to have multiple programs running and switch between, and from what I've read earlier I thought that would be the case, but in ED's post above it doesn't sound like that...

Back