GP32 Mr.mirko's Sdk

GiG

The mighty penguin cat
Website
www.webalice.it
Well, the question in the topic sounds nonsense, as the real question is: does an application created with MrMirko's SDK work in GeePee32? GeePee32 is based on the official SDK, so I was wondering if it could run something created with another SDK. I have tried to load the (really) new WMA player by Omega5 in GeePee32, and it crashes.

Perhaps it is a stupid question, as all compiled apps should access the hardware functions directly. :unsure:

Geepee is not based on official SDK..; but on official samsung specs techs of gp32's cpu so of course it could emulate apps build with other sdk.;;

i think dma arent implemented in GeePee32 and mr.mirko sound lib uses dma so here is your problem
buy a real gp32 :) you wont regret it

Thanks loki!

I own a real GP32, but if I decide to convert a project for GP32 I'd prefer to test the compiled versions in GeePee instead of copying them into the SMC ^_^
I thought that the GeePee purpose was just this, or am I wrong?

Geepee can handle no DMA, no Sound, and is buggy in file loading.

So you can test every other thing on geepee.

What do you expect from a wma player on geepee :)

I think you want to save time to download th test FXE to smartmediaCard or
you don't want to make the card wear-off ^^.

Please see below board and you can find the solution.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=8552

But, I don't want to change the bios firmware.
I don't like Russian-roulette.
:p
Enjoy GP !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! Exactly what I need, I don't want to kill my SMC.

But, do you know if...FireFly (is this the right nickname?) is still working on GeePee? A better version of GeePee or a new (better) emulator would be veeery useful for developers, don't you think? Emulators are essential also when developing for cellular phones, and there is one for Symbian, one for MIDP2 etc... and they are rather accurate even if they sometimes run at weird speed and need at least Win2k.

You do realise that SMC's can support a minimum of 1,000,000 program/erase cycles don't you? It will take years to kill a card, even if you write to it 50 times a day.

GeePee32 also has timing issues, I have to have separate sets of numbers for my timing for animation and cursor movement and whatnot for GeePee32 and another set for the real hardware....it bugs me...it would be nice to see GeePee32 get completed, its a very usefull tool in debuging.

Back