Dead Pixels On Gp32

schaap2005 posted on Apr 7 2005 at 05:19 PM said:
Hi, does the gp32's have a lot of dead pixels, or none?

The GP32 is not any more likely to have dead pixels than most other devices such as PPCs, Palms etc. The PSP is the one which seems to have a huge problem with dead pixels. I had to go through 3 PSPs to get one with *only* 1 dead pixel and alot of dust and smudges in the screen, that was the "good" one. The GP32 is pretty good though.

Last edited by a moderator:
schaap2005 posted on Apr 7 2005 at 05:31 PM said:
OK at so I don't have to expect as much dead pixels as the psp has?

No way not even close. You could could always "luck out" and get a bad one but it is not likely.

I usually am lucky enough to have at least one dead pixel when I buy a new device.

However, none of my 3 GP32s have dead pixels.

I don't think we have ever had one out of thousands, GP might be using grade 1 screens which are dead pixel free from the factory, they could probably save some money going down sonys route.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Of the 3 GP32's I've personally seen there were zero dead pixels.

Same with the Zodiac, dead pixels are extremely rare there too.

Sony obviously is buying lower grade screens (in terms of quality control) to keep the PSP manufacturing costs down. So dead pixels seem to be pretty common on PSP. What a shame, the screen is so nice otherwise.

EvilDragon posted on Apr 7 2005 at 05:55 PM said:
I usually am lucky enough to have at least one dead pixel when I buy a new device.

However, none of my 3 GP32s have dead pixels.

yup thats the strange thing, You can pay upto $400 on a high quality LCD Screen and it can have a dead pixel, or $230 on a PSP and it has a dead pixel, then you can buy a GP32 for $100 and its cheaply put together yet it doesnt have any dead pixels :D

Recently i saw a GP on ebay - it didnr had a dead pixel - instead a dead column! :blink:

DRK posted on Apr 7 2005 at 02:34 PM said:
Recently i saw a GP on ebay - it didnr had a dead pixel - instead a dead column! :blink:
maybe it was a BLU+

but I don't think I have any dead pixles never really noticed if I do have one

you would probably notice if you have a dead pixel, my cousin got a dead pixel on his DS just a couple of days after he got it, i dont know if he got a new one or not.

the only handheld I've ever had was my gb pocket..
it had a 2x2 square of dead pixels.. but thats cause I dropped it :lol:

Back