100S Of Dead Pixels

KingDNH

Still Fresh
When I got my WIZ it had 3 dead pixels (randomly placed) I could live with that. But now it's got at least 100 dead pixels (all 3 colors are out on each, and all over the screen). Is there a way I can return it under warranty? I bought it at gp2xstore.com.

KingDNH said:
When I got my WIZ it had 3 dead pixels (randomly placed) I could live with that. But now it's got at least 100 dead pixels (all 3 colors are out on each, and all over the screen). Is there a way I can return it under warranty? I bought it at gp2xstore.com.

yeah just e-mail them with the situation and they'll send you an RMA form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you received a damaged unit from the beginning.
Must've been a tiny crack somewhere, when that happens the pixels will start dying, that's OLED screens for you.

I only had 3 dead pixels for about a month, then one morning I powered it on and WTF!!! 100s out of nowhere.

KingDNH said:
I only had 3 dead pixels for about a month, then one morning I powered it on and WTF!!! 100s out of nowhere.

The trend seems to be if you have ANY pixels that are completely bad (black) you have a defective screen that will only get exponentially worse, a "pixel plague".

The advice here is that if you get a unit with ANY bad pixels, return it or you will end up eventually with an unuseable screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back