Cleaning Your Screen?

Flack

What are you all using to clean the screen of your GP32? I don't know how fingerprints are constantly getting on mine, but they are. Kleenex, Windex, and spit all seem to just streak them around even worse. I'm really worried about scratching or ruining my screen, so I'm curious to find out what other people are doing.

Among the same lines, has anyone noticed any "bum pixels" on their gp32? I have at least two little spots that stand out when the GP32 is off. I assume those are just dead pixels, and nothing can be done about them? You don't really notice them when the unit is playing, only when it's off (which lately, is rare).

Flack

uh when the gp is off? uh not dead pixels, must just be antiglare issues the screen is just a clear piece of plastic the actual screen is behind that just like the gameboy

My GP32 didnt come with a plastic film (I bought it used), is there anything that I can use on it?

Well... I tried a DVD-cleaner that used fluid, and got a nice big scratch down my screen... thankfully, its not visible when its on, but annoying all the same.
ATM I'm using a lens-cloth (DRY) for a camera - which seems to work pretty well. LEastways, no new scratches for aaaages, so I assume it is :)

But don't use anything that's abrasive - including things that shouldn't be, don't look it, but are.

Use a damp (with water), soft (cotton is best) cloth, followed by a dry cloth of the same type.

Work the edges first, then buff the rest of the screen with a circular motion.

If you still have smudges, breath (no spit) on the smudge and buff again with the clean cloth.

There will still be some minor smudges, but they aren't noticable with the screen on, except in bright sunlight.

Servisol Screen Cleaner spray and computer cleaning products Safetiss to wipte it off with

I'm using PC monitor cleaner and monitor cloths (I think they are called safewipes) which have no loose particles. They clean the screen perfectly. I noticed in maplin you can get a PDA Screen protector, which is a layer of plastic. That might be a good idea.

Back