Dcin/usb...really On The Front?!

Paradox

oh em gee
Website
Visit site
Seriously are those going to be on the front? don't make the same mistake sega did with the dreamcast controller...

I've been a bit confused: Is there both USB and Mini-USB?

Also, will it have a stylus in it?

squeakypants said:

Stylus - good question. I don't recall seeing any mention of that.

USB - EDIT: Just checked the wiki and it wasn't specific. So I'm not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prophet said:
squeakypants said:

Stylus - good question. I don't recall seeing any mention of that.

USB - EDIT: Just checked the wiki and it wasn't specific. So I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure I remember Craig or MWeston talking about the difficulty of placing ports and the like on the Pandora because they want to have room for the stylus next to the battery, and that would get in the way of putting ports and SD cards and the like on the side of the device.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure there's a stylus in the device somewhere.

squeakypants said:

what I've seen from some Pics it does have both. I'll look for the pics then post the link.

Edit:
Ok I'm back with the Link.

The mini USB is to plug the Pandora into your computer, for things like file transfer. The large USB is for Host mode, if you want to plug a game-pad or something else into the Pandora.

So there is both? Excellent... but miniusb won't support anything but file transfer? Not as excellent, but still pretty cool.

whiskthecat said:
What else would you want it to do? File transfer is all I used the mini USB for on my GP2X.
You can also charge through USB.
It could be a network device, or a Joystick/Mouse/Keyboard. I personally want to see this as a controller for the Xbox360 :).

It is just more functionality. If it has Samba over Wifi I likely won't use the Mini-USB for file transfer at all. The small file transfers will be over the Wifi, and larger ones will use a dedicated USB 2.0 Card reader.

nubie said:
whiskthecat said:
What else would you want it to do? File transfer is all I used the mini USB for on my GP2X.
It could be a network device, or a Joystick/Mouse/Keyboard. I personally want to see this as a controller for the Xbox360 :).

It is just more functionality. If it has Samba over Wifi I likely won't use the Mini-USB for file transfer at all. The small file transfers will be over the Wifi, and larger ones will use a dedicated USB 2.0 Card reader.

My thoughts almost exactly ;) Only difference is I don't have an SD Card reader :p

squeakypants said:
nubie said:
whiskthecat said:

My thoughts almost exactly ;) Only difference is I don't have an SD Card reader :p

$3 SDHC reader, that is $3 with no shipping or tax charges, and it shows up in California in about a week.

http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/com/CA2029.htm

Back