Any Usb Devices Which Would Function On The Pandora As A Camera?

Karel Jansens said:
PoisonedV said:
djmaddis said:
if skype will be working on the pandora then hell yeah, im getting one of these usb cameras
no

That's a bit rash, isn't it? After all, Skype ported its software to the Nokia N8x0, so it's not as if it's an impossible pipedream. In fact, it might just be a mailbomb away.

Note that Skype on the N800 never supported video. Despite the N800 having a built-in video camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
daffy said:
Karel Jansens said:
That's a bit rash, isn't it? After all, Skype ported its software to the Nokia N8x0, so it's not as if it's an impossible pipedream. In fact, it might just be a mailbomb away.
Note that Skype on the N800 never supported video. Despite the N800 having a built-in video camera.

Does any current Linux version of Skype support video?

I ask because I don't really care about Skype or similar functionality. My modest communication needs (I have no life, obviously) are served by the cheapest possible monthly mobile plan.

Karel Jansens said:
daffy said:
Karel Jansens said:

Does any current Linux version of Skype support video?

I ask because I don't really care about Skype or similar functionality. My modest communication needs (I have no life, obviously) are served by the cheapest possible monthly mobile plan.

Yup, webcams work with Skype in Linux now, have done since they came out with v2 for Linux I think

I'm no dev, but as I understand the Maemo situation after following the discussion on ITT, it may be possible to port the hildon libs and create an environment in Angström or Ubuntu to be able to run Maemo apps. So you could drop in the closed binaries like skype or flash(if you own a N8x0, to stay legal).

Edit:
Plz correct me if I'm wrong, Tor or lardman.

a bit offtopic: too bad there isn't built in webcam in pandora...
if it is than it'd be really "desired device from heavens" :)

PoisonedV said:
Prometheus just posted one... it will fit in your sleeve, you aren't going to find any manageable USB camera taht would fit the job.
geeze, pedophiles these days, too fucking lazy to do their own research or rape their kids, well, I'm sick of doing it for you!

I gots a facebook acount and its working JUST FINE :lol:

Tozarian said:
PoisonedV said:
Prometheus just posted one... it will fit in your sleeve, you aren't going to find any manageable USB camera taht would fit the job.
geeze, pedophiles these days, too fucking lazy to do their own research or rape their kids, well, I'm sick of doing it for you!

I gots a facebook acount and its working JUST FINE :lol:

Making a bitter joke once may be fun for some braindeads, but repeating them is just bad taste.
Post your real name and address, that could get funny :ph34r:

maili:
Yes, you're correct. It might be possible to run built-for-maemo-applications even under Angström or Ubuntu environments, but it depends a lot on what native versions of the X libs and glibc the native environs come with. Some of those incompatibilities are even relatively simple to work around.

And as someone else mentioned - no video in the N8x0 version of Skype, yet. And even if there'll be a video version at some point, the camera interfaces on the N8x0s are, as far as I know, not anything standard. So a Skype version that used the camera would probably not be able to use, say, a USB webcam on the Pandora.

Tor said:
maili:
Yes, you're correct. It might be possible to run built-for-maemo-applications even under Angström or Ubuntu environments, but it depends a lot on what native versions of the X libs and glibc the native environs come with. Some of those incompatibilities are even relatively simple to work around.

And as someone else mentioned - no video in the N8x0 version of Skype, yet. And even if there'll be a video version at some point, the camera interfaces on the N8x0s are, as far as I know, not anything standard. So a Skype version that used the camera would probably not be able to use, say, a USB webcam on the Pandora.
Thx for your reply :)

Regarding the camera, there might be a way to mod a camera input to the DV-in of the OMAP, if there are solder pads to the right pins on the PCB. Fischju mentioned it several times IIRC.

PoisonedV said:
The SD cams would be useful as a webcam to point at yourself

if people like looking at your chest

Back