Where's The Tv Out?

Edy

Website
www.openpandora.es
Watching the latest pictures from openpandora.org I haven't found the video out port. The back panel has mini-USB, USB-host and DC-in. Front panel has Phones, SD slots, power and volume. I just was curious on where the TV out port will be located. Thanks!

Edy said:
Watching the latest pictures from openpandora.org I haven't found the video out port. The back panel has mini-USB, USB-host and DC-in. Front panel has Phones, SD slots, power and volume. I just was curious on where the TV out port will be located. Thanks!
The latest renders were made a while ago. Now that they're tracking down actual parts, the port layout is changing a bit. I suggest you read this thread.

One way or another, there will be TV-out connectivity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
One way or another, there will be TV-out connectivity.
...with manual soldering required

Last edited by a moderator:
On the final version, yes, but on MK0.1, TV out may not be available unless your willing to solder to pads. Don't forget that the pictures you see of the PCB is not the final one.

It better have TV-out! :p

That's one of the main things I'd like to use it for - a pocketable video and gaming console. :) I'd love to be able to just plug it into my TV's front AV ports and continue playing a PSX game for example. Or watch a movie.

I know the slim PSP's can do tv-out, but it's letter boxed for gaming, and the PSP's controls are still pretty crap. I'm hoping Pandora will do much better.

I'd absolutely love to be able to put all kinds of movies on my Pandora, and then be able to use it like a DVD player. YouTube, video podcasts, etc.! You name it, it can play it on the big screen! That's what I want in my Pandora.

*goes and tosses his AppleTV box* ;)

Back