DBP repository

It seems this last drop broke some things that mostly worked before. It still says there are two packages and two apps (both arcadegames) but I can only ever see SORR. And if I click on that it loads a new URL, but that URL looks very similar to the list of one items, and doesn't show me any details. Clicking on it again from there just reloads that page (url repo/apps/2)

ok ok fixed. I though I could finish adding the language dropdown before fixing this bug look like not :( done.
And now i'll have complains that the language drop-down menu dont work :(

Thanks, the scaled screenshots mean the whole thing hangs together a lot more nicely now!

I don't see file size or hashes in the table at the top. Am I looking in the right place?

And a couple of very minor notes: the mouseover change in tone of the left and right arrow backgrounds for the images seems a little erratic. I think that's happening, on the SORR page at least, the mouseover for the arrow taking you back to the last image almost always works, but the other one rarely does.

And 'Informations' in the SORR description isn't a grammatically valid english word fwiw - I think 'information' is a collective noun, so it can't take a plural 's'. Maybe the 'warning' that you need extra data files is a bit dramatic also, I'd have thought a 'note' would be fine there.

I don't see file size or hashes in the table at the top. Am I looking in the right place?
Only available in the version history list of the package for now. hash are too longs and break all in the properties tables... The important part for me was : collecting them. the display/views will change a lot anyway

And 'Informations' in the SORR description isn't a grammatically valid english word fwiw - I think 'information' is a collective noun, so it can't take a plural 's'. Maybe the 'warning' that you need extra data files is a bit dramatic also, I'd have thought a 'note' would be fine there.
That's not part of the code but the description of the package. fixed it though...

Ah, okay, good. I don't remember seeing it in the old version.

I see the hashes now, thanks. Not sure there's any value in being able to sort by them, but I guess it was just simpler to leave those controls in there. Probably not worth changing.

I think I've figured out what's going on with the mouseovers by the way. I think if you use the control to go left or right, that control stays in mouseover active state even after you move off it after the image has changed. If you just let it tick over naturally or use the buttons at the bottom it seems to work better at present.

Language drop down working now.

Found out what was the Firefox login issue... because it isn't my main browser I never checked "Stay logged in" (unchecked by default) while signing on the forum
That was it. Now your session will be recognized if you check that "rememeber me" or not.

So I just tried downloading a dbp via both the main download button and the per release button, and the file I got didn't match the checksums on the page, and when I checked turned out to be one byte larger than the source. In the end I discovered that removing the first byte (an 0x0a) fixed the size and both of the checksums.

Thanks, it now remembers my login there even though I rarely select 'remember me'. My settings page seemed to be mostly blank apart from the window furniture, but I guess that's work in progress.

Also, changing language via the dropdown works mostly as expected. For some reason, the 'upload' button to upload a community screenshot seems to disappear.

And speaking of that button I'd been trying to upload something, but couldn't work out where it had gone. Perhaps it should switch automatically to the community screenshots tab and be on the latest uploaded image? When I did switch to the tab it did briefly show my image, but then it switched to the SoRR title page (no idea if that's really a community screenshot or an offical one in the wrong context). Then, hitting the left and right buttons I could see new images flitting behind the SoRR title page, but the SoRR title stayed in the middle making it very hard to work out what they were.

A few changes :
  • Dutch translation added (thanks Height Bit)
  • Add boards login/logout links where appropriate
  • Force height of field in the app lists and package lists for a more consistant look
  • Package maintainer management
  • Impoved nav bar a bit, removed package list
  • Apps categories only shown when it make sense
  • Revoke the package page a bit
  • Package configuration improvements
Still todo based on the feedback :
  • Fix the download file issue (reported by levi)
  • Fix the carroussel in tab bug
  • RSS feed
  • Delete package
  • Disable package/app/version
[doublepost=1495382992,1495374259][/doublepost]More changes :

My firefox doesn't seem to recognise this as a feed. Feedreader Online however does. perhaps a mime type issue?

The sidebar on the package screen is too narrow to correctly display most of the information on my 1024 wide screen, as can be seen in the screenshot below.

dbpreposs1.png

-Neelix

Last edited:
My firefox doesn't seem to recognise this as a feed
Same here. These are the responses of a working RSS versus our RSS:

pyrarss.jpg debianrss.jpg

Also tried it in Akregator, but there it also is not recognized. Did not look at the content yet...

Opera 12 says "XML declaration not at beginning of document".
There is a blank line at the beginning of the XML. ;)

Well I'm setting the content-type correctly and the content format is correct too.
Actually, removing the content-type make firefox detect the feed correctly in my tests...

Now that you mention that I seem to recall ekianjo reporting a similar issue with blank lines at the start of the PandoraLive RSS.

-Neelix

So, what I have to do with the translations of the language menu ?

I can change them for others languages too, but I don't know how it will work for en_US, should I just add them to that file and them will be used ?

EDIT:

also, what is the translation for "dutch" ? "Nederlandse" ?
[doublepost=1495383944,1495376993][/doublepost]The repo seems broken for Vivaldi browser, while on Firefox it works well
[doublepost=1495391432][/doublepost]
Vivaldi-Broken.jpg

[doublepost=1495383944,1495376993][/doublepost]The repo seems broken for Vivaldi browser, while on Firefox it works well
I've installed vivaldi for you and fixed the few javascript differences I've found.
About your screenshot, it seems you have a plugin or something that broke the CSS because it work fine here. (else flush vivaldi cache and try again, sound like you're running a "very old" version of the stylesheet.)

I've installed vivaldi for you and fixed the few javascript differences I've found.
About your screenshot, it seems you have a plugin or something that broke the CSS because it work fine here. (else flush vivaldi cache and try again, sound like you're running a "very old" version of the stylesheet.)

I have only adblock, and disabling it changes nothing, also Vivaldi is already updated...

damn, was the cache... even refreshing 100 times it wasn't updating the page, I had to delete it manually

I've noticed a spelling mistake in the English texts; 'officials screenshots' should be 'official screenshots'. I guess that could be fixed in the english translation, but it would be neater if it were fixed at source. Of course, that would also mean adjusting all of the languages thus far translated for.

I've also prepared a British English translation file; the current text is written in US English despite the flag used in the drop down. It's a bit unnecessary - it only changes one spelling in two entries, but I'm nothing if not a borderline pedant. And this is also a chance for me to try creating a github push request, which I've never done so far. You should have a notification waiting for you concerning that if you've not checked your emails already.

Back