DBP repository

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sebt3, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sebt3

sebt3 homebrew player (P. & C.)

Javascript issue ? geez If javascript is disabled you should have a large jumbotron telling you javascript is a requierement, otherwise you're presented an empty page since there's no dbp yet.
    While licence filtering is not yet done, it is indeed planned. Uploader have 3 distincts categories for licences (and more detail to go more fine grain) which pretty much match the 3 debian categories (main, contrib, non-free)

2. Pyramancer

Pyramancer Fairly Idle Member

Hah, yes. Sorry. The "Javascript issue" is more my issue than the site's. I should have been clearer: knowing there's "an issue", I haven't actually tried the site yet. I try not to run Javascript on my computer that doesn't identify itself as being Free software, (and in general I think that servers should be doing the work to calculate the display of a page not making their clients do the work for them), so yes, that's my "issue"! But it means I can't use the repository (not without a period of painful introspection, anyway) unless it provides access that doesn't require Javascript, or the Javascript that it required identifies itself as Free software.

Excellent. That will be a very useful (indeed, important) feature for some. Thanks.

3. jparish1977

jparish1977 Member

Looks like in my monkeying about last night I uploaded a bogus package without noticing I was no longer on localhost.... derp. As a side effect, when I try the download link for that package I notice it seems to be constructing the url incorrectly...

https://pyra-handheld.com/repo/packages/test1234//download

Which isn't a valid route

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Marc likes this.
  4. sebt3

All the javascript on the repo is either BSD-3clause (D3 and D3-bootstrap), or AGPL (code specific to this repo). So it's completly freesoftware to the deepest sense ;)
    Feel free to inspect the code all you want (albeit good luck understanding some part of D3 :D) you wont find anything even remotely toxic.
    For the rest, as I said, having a repo working without a pinch of javascript is completly doable, yet I wont do it myself I'll wait for someone brave enough to fight with html more that I want to :p
    --- Double Post Merged, May 11, 2017, Original Post Date: May 11, 2017 ---
    Your test package have no apps :( but at least there's something on the repo, so everyone else are able to see something, so until a real valid dbp is uploaded i'll keep your test up : https://pyra-handheld.com/repo/packages/test1234
    I'll have a look at the download url issue. The repo changed URL in the last minuts before I put it up so it might be the source issue

5. pocak

pocak Member

It doesn't help that http://pyra-handheld.com/repo redirects to https://www.pyra-handheld.com/repo/apps

What's the difference/relationship between apps and packages? Are they both DBP files?

6. Christoph.Krn

Christoph.Krn Very Active Member

Did you clear your cookies?

7. sebt3

I dont have this behaviour :(

Packages are dbp files. Apps are applications in the packages. But some package will have more than one app.

8. PowerGod

PowerGod Advanced Member

Found out what was the Firefox login issue... because it isn't my main browser I never checked "Stay logged in" (unchecked by default) while signing on the forum

sebt3 likes this.
  9. sebt3

Thanks, that's a good thing to know.
    I'm indeed always using "Stay logged in", maybe the way I'm checking the authenticity of the forum session require the tick to be checked. I'll try to reproduce the issue and figure out an other way to check for authenticity in that case then.

10. Neelix

Neelix Insecticidal Maniac

Filtering by licence would be useful for those who prefer to stick strictly with the RMS definition of software freedom. It would also be useful for the rest of us if they had no reason to complain about the lack of ability to filter by licence. ;)

Personally I think it would also be useful to be able to filter by complete packages, and those that require commercial data from another source to be useful.

Hrm.. on adding a comment it moves away from the comment tab...

-Neelix

11. Xcl4m4t10n

Xcl4m4t10n Advanced Member

Is this going to be the Pyra's equivalent to Pandora's repository application? If so, I hope this fix all the things that are wrong with the Pandora's app :D. If I can help in something (beta testing, art...) just PM me :D.

12. bubblebee

bubblebee Member

This works for me. Thanks.

sebt3 likes this.
  13. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Sarcasm Dispenser Staff Member

It's going to be the web interface and the interface for uploading them to the repository. As for the application on the actual Pyra it may be a different animal. I know there will be a command line method for downloading and updating dbps.

14. Christoph.Krn

Christoph.Krn Very Active Member

Mh, like @TrashyMG said, it's not, but certainly there's going to be one or another client application eventually, and the webpage is similar-ish, so... can you say briefly what those problems would be?

15. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Sarcasm Dispenser Staff Member

I may have snuck in a few real DBPs today.

16. sm0kew0n

sm0kew0n Very Active Member

Screenshot - 110517 - 19:50:51.png

Is it worth having a direct download link in this view/page?

17. PowerGod

PowerGod Advanced Member

SORR is THE THING !! :)

The Browse button now works on Vivaldi :)

But still not on Opera 12, I tried also to change user-agent to recent firefox/chrome versions, but still nothing :( anyway I'm not expecting support for this, it's an old browser and maybe it doesn't have the more recent requirements for js
    --- Double Post Merged, May 11, 2017, Original Post Date: May 11, 2017 ---
    @sebt3 : uploaded a DBP just for test, now, how can I remove it ? o_O

TrashyMG likes this.
  18. sebt3

Fixd a few bugs here and there and added a french translation
    Thanks Trashy for making this repo not an empty page.
    Well this is not yet implemented :D I may remove it for you if you want.

19. PowerGod

PowerGod Advanced Member

Yes thanks :) It's ISO Optical Drive, it was ported by @Wally and I don't even know what's inside there (I have still to read DBP documentation), also the title was misspelled :D
    Have a look at the SORR page, the bigger/smaller screenshots are constantly pushing up and down the elements under them, could you force a box with fixed dimension for images ?

Wally likes this.
  20. Neelix

Neelix Insecticidal Maniac

Out of curiosity, I decided to check out the French translation, but i can't seem to activate it.. I tried adding both French and French/France to the Languages section in my Firefox preferences, and setting each as the top preference for webpage language display, (reloading the page after each change) but none of that seems to have any effect. Is there a way of switching the translation manually? (I've noticed that many pages with multiple translations tend to do this with a dropdown selection box near the top right corner of the page)

-Neelix