DBP repository

sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
perfect. thanks.

I see that packages have long descriptions in the repo. Is this from the package [Desktop Entry] Comment or is it part of the upload process?
Part of the upload process for package description (as there's no field for this in the package entry).
For apps, untranslated "Comment" will be used by default as description, on 1rst upload. But you'll still be able to change this later from the repo edit pages.

Twiitcher

Trying to install from the repo - I get the following error - Happens on all apps, seems all installs go to a directory I'm missing permissions...

Unable to create appdata directory / dragonbox/appdata/OpenTyrian_C4ALL
Make sure you have the system permissions to create this directory
Path: /home/twiitcher/Downloads/OpenTyrian_C4ALL-1.0.dpp
Package ID: OpenTyrian_C4ALL

Any help would be appreciated. I apologize in advance in my ignorance of Linux

Twiitcher

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member
I apologize in advance in my ignorance of Linux

No Worries, DBP system is unique to the Pyra, although can be adapted to other systems easily.

do you have a /dragonbox/appdata directory on your SD card?

if not create one.

edit: looks like you're running from the internal storage, it's likely trying to create a directory on the / system that it doesn't have permission to. DBP was intended for use with external media, And there isn't an install process just copy the dbp to a directory on the SD card.

edit 2:
on an SD card create these directories.

dragonbox/appdata
dragonbox/packages <--- put dbp files here

just putting the dbp in that directory will put an item on the games menu tab, also gives you a link to launch opentyrian from command line.

Last edited: