DAMN ITS SMALL.....

I'm off shopping in a bit i'll go out and get some cheepo 20 for £3 bats (the ones im using now) and leave my GP with light on running castaway until it dies and report back 2moro. That way we can get some comparrison from different units

I thought some rechargables are supposed to last a really long time, alot longer than normal batteries. What kind do you have cartman?

I thought some rechargables are supposed to last a really long time, alot longer than normal batteries. What kind do you have cartman?

Rechargeables last a long time LONGTERM, because you can always recharge them when they run out of energy.

However, they usually run out of energy somewhat more quickly than one pair of Alkalines. Also, NiCa rechargeable batteries run out faster than NIMH rechargeable batteries, although NIMH batteries & chargers are more expensive.

If you have the same pair of rechargeables for a long time, the time you can use them without having to recharge them drops dramatically; I have one pair from 5 years back that lasts about an hour now in a GBC.

There are also different qualities of non-rechargeables. If you buy some very cheap (in price and quality) batteries, for example, it's quite likely that they won't last as long as your rechargeables, so it does work both ways.

Probably common knowledge for many here, but this is for the others...

Back